• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

uclabruin725

Average Fella
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
If we have to move htis summer, but still don't know where we are going for med school yet (still on waitlists), what is the preferred way of letting schools know of your new contact info? I know that it's possible to just update the contact info from AMCAS, but I wasn't sure how often schools downloaded the new contact information... Would it be better to send an email to each of the schools? If that's the case, to who - the director of admissions? How early should you notify the school?
I'd just hate to get screwed because I thought the school had my updated info, when in fact they don't and passed me over on the waitlist because they couldn't get in contact with me!
Thanks!

JohnHolmes

Large Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Status
SpiffyJWC said:
If we have to move htis summer, but still don't know where we are going for med school yet (still on waitlists), what is the preferred way of letting schools know of your new contact info? I know that it's possible to just update the contact info from AMCAS, but I wasn't sure how often schools downloaded the new contact information... Would it be better to send an email to each of the schools? If that's the case, to who - the director of admissions? How early should you notify the school?
I'd just hate to get screwed because I thought the school had my updated info, when in fact they don't and passed me over on the waitlist because they couldn't get in contact with me!
Thanks!
I'd call the admissions office, let them know. Then, follow it up with an email. At least they will tell you where to send the forms.

I hear ya tho..

WatchingWaiting

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Status
JohnHolmes said:
I'd call the admissions office, let them know. Then, follow it up with an email. At least they will tell you where to send the forms.

I hear ya tho..
I think this is sound advice. Also, realize that any offer of acceptance off a wait-list is 99+% probably going to come over the phone or e-mail, so if you gave a cell number, you don't need to stress about having an offer lost in the mail.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
call and email admissions...

and if it was earlier on in the process...notify amcas as well...well i guess doing this now wouldnt hurt as well if you are on a lot of waitlists...

About the Ads