1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

How do we update schools of new contact info?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by uclabruin725, Apr 10, 2004.

1. uclabruin725

uclabruin725 Average Fella
    7+ Year Member

If we have to move htis summer, but still don't know where we are going for med school yet (still on waitlists), what is the preferred way of letting schools know of your new contact info? I know that it's possible to just update the contact info from AMCAS, but I wasn't sure how often schools downloaded the new contact information... Would it be better to send an email to each of the schools? If that's the case, to who - the director of admissions? How early should you notify the school?
    I'd just hate to get screwed because I thought the school had my updated info, when in fact they don't and passed me over on the waitlist because they couldn't get in contact with me!
    Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes Large Member
    10+ Year Member

I'd call the admissions office, let them know. Then, follow it up with an email. At least they will tell you where to send the forms.

I hear ya tho..

4. WatchingWaiting

7+ Year Member

I think this is sound advice. Also, realize that any offer of acceptance off a wait-list is 99+% probably going to come over the phone or e-mail, so if you gave a cell number, you don't need to stress about having an offer lost in the mail.

5. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    call and email admissions...

and if it was earlier on in the process...notify amcas as well...well i guess doing this now wouldnt hurt as well if you are on a lot of waitlists...