How do you cancel an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent1391

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I need to cancel an interview because I'm just not that into the school and I'm sure a lot of other applicants are probably more interested in interviewing with this school than I am. I guess I need help with how to do this without it seeming rude. Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you really don't want the interview then call the school. Be professional and politely give them your reason for not wanting to attend.
Ex:

YOU: Hi my name is ____. I've received an interview for the school and would now like to decline the offer. Is there someone I can talk to this about?

Them: Yes, I will transfer you to "so and so" right now.

YOU: Thank you

Them: Please Hold

THem #2: Hi how can I help you

YOU: My name is ____. I received an interview and in the time since I have been offered 12 other interviews at schools that I feel fit me better. If it is possible, I would like to cancel my interview with this school.

Them #2: Ok, what was your name again?

YoU: _________.
Them #2: Alright, thank you for your notification. We wish you luck in the application process.

:D:D:D I thought that sound pretty good ;)

Just be professional about the situation and make sure you have an armful of other interviews before you do this because you don't want to get to the end of the cycle and not have any acceptances:thumbup:

Hi guys! I need to cancel an interview because I'm just not that into the school and I'm sure a lot of other applicants are probably more interested in interviewing with this school than I am. I guess I need help with how to do this without it seeming rude. Thank you! :)

Just call them and say that you appreciate the interview offer, but you will be unable to attend. They won't care, they have another thousand applicants they can ask.