How do you cancel PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panbabylon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've registered for the August PCAT, but couldn't study due to family matters. Now there's not enough time, so I'm planning to take it in October. How do I cancel the August test? I'm sure the fees can't be refunded at this point, so I guess my question is this: should I just not show up for the test, or that will show in a negative way at some point of the application process? Help!

Members don't see this ad.

There is a "no score" option on the test.

It is too late now for you to cancel it and not get your money back, and since you have already paid for it, why not just go and take it as practice? If I were in your shoes, that is what I would do!

Hope your family matters get better soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
wow!

this is why i like this forum. great info, guys, thank you all so much.

i didn't know about the "no score" option, it is definitely the way to go. not sure how it works, but their website says it will be explained during the test. if one can make the decision AFTER he or she sees the test, that is a totally different story... i'll probably make a crash effort to brush up starting right now, and see what happens.

thank you again, i appreciate it.

I surely think the "no score option" is a wise decision. Just take the PCAT as a practice and Good Luck with your preparation.:thumbup:

hey guys

I am planning on taking the October or possible the January PCAT. I am going to apply to UBC (in Canada) and University of Buffalo, however I have sent both schools emails regarding whether or not the prerequisites I have are acceptable. I know that spots fill up fast, so I am wondering, when you register for the PCAT, you have to select which schools you want Harcourt to send your scores...Can I change this field once I have registered if I decide not to apply to a particular school?
Any help would be awesome :)

To should call harcourt directly concerning this issue. But I recall that up to a certain time frame you can replace and add more schools but you cannot delete any of them. Again, i'm not sure up to what point as in maybe a couple of weeks before the exam so call them or email them --- they do respond to emails.

hey guys

I am planning on taking the October or possible the January PCAT. I am going to apply to UBC (in Canada) and University of Buffalo, however I have sent both schools emails regarding whether or not the prerequisites I have are acceptable. I know that spots fill up fast, so I am wondering, when you register for the PCAT, you have to select which schools you want Harcourt to send your scores...Can I change this field once I have registered if I decide not to apply to a particular school?
Any help would be awesome :)

You can change your designations up to the Late Registration deadline of the PCAT date you refer to in your post. You have three designations where only one is needed for PharmCAS schools. I'd fit those two schools in if you have the room.

There is a bubble on your answer sheet for no score. If you want to take the exam and not have it scored, you bubble it in before they collect the answer sheets. I think they remind people again of the option after the test is over so you can take the whole exam before you make a decision. No score means what it says. You won't get to see how you did because it is never scored.