how do you count the years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChemAngel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was speaking with a couple of people from other schools and realized that a P1 in one school...isn't called a P1 in another...but a P2.

every school has a different way of categorizing what stage of school you are in.....what is your school's way?

first off to clarify:

1) what year did you start "pharmacy school" according to your school?
2) what graduating class are you going to be in?

3) explain how your school does things (is it a mixture of prepharmacy with pharmacy school....do you need a degree before you enter?)

Members don't see this ad.

For UF
1. 2004
2. 2008
3. You need the prereqs completed before you enter. I'm not sure if you need the actual AA degree but you don't need a Bachelor's degree. After entry it's 4 years.

unlike some other schools, temple only has 4 professional years. we have no known pre-pharmacy program who gets advantages over other applicants.

so in my case
1) 2004
2) 2008
3) you need complete pre-req to apply but more than half (i am sure more this year), of my classmates have BS or BA

Members don't see this ad :)
at nova

1)2004
2)2008

3) This is also a 4 year program that you apply after you meet the pre-reqs. A bachelors isn't required but they have an advantage over non-bachelors.

1. 2003
2. 2007
3. UF requires an AA degree, plus all the science prereqs. You can do it in 2 years with a heavy load and attending summer session.

I started in 2004 and will graduate in 2008.

We are considered P1's the first year and then starting with next Fall we'll be considered P2's.

Our school requires nearly 3 years of prerequesites now, but a BS is not required. However, I think more that 75% of incoming students already have their BS degree.

hmmmmm
1. 2002
2. 2006

we have students that come from our undergraduate program but they are not considered anything other than pre-pharm like everyone else