How do you determine your GPA from different schools

Started by Mtru6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mtru6

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I'm a longtime lurker, and finally made an account!! I'm going to be applying for PT schools in the next couple of days!

I'm trying to figure out how to calculate my PTCAS cumulative and pre-req GPA. I graduated from a four-year university and finished some pre-reqs at another college after I graduated. How would I figure out the PTCAS GPAs? When looking at my application on PTCAS it says that the GPA is calculated after you e-submit, but how do you know if you meet the minimum GPA? It seems like other people have reported their GPAs, does this mean esubmitted?
 
PTCAS GPA is based on a semester system. They also factor in every single class. This means that even if you repeated a course and it does not show up on your school transcript, it will count on ptcas. Alas, my GPA dropped about .1 because of this system. All grades from all colleges are factored in as semester units. So a 5 unit class at a quarter college becomes a 3.33 unit course.
 
Just sit down and do it long hand (although there are plenty of GPA calculators out there online). PTCAS will count every "normal" pre req for your pre req GPA (even if school ends up including different stuff). They will also include EVERY class (retakes and first takes averaged) for cumulative GPA.