How do you feel about U-Pitt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMD-2-B

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I may one day need to attempt to transfer to University of Pittsburgh from my dental school, possibly.......

To those of you that go to University of Pittsburgh, can you please share your experiences and thoughts on your experience there? Please feel free to share all, I'd love to hear the good and the bad.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, they'll certainly be seats available... we've already lost 3 people from our first year class. :( I'll let you take from that some of the negatives implied there.

Anyways, I find the clinical faculty that I've interacted with so far to be, for the most part, very helpful and friendly.

Well, they'll certainly be seats available... we've already lost 3 people from our first year class. :( I'll let you take from that some of the negatives implied there.

Anyways, I find the clinical faculty that I've interacted with so far to be, for the most part, very helpful and friendly.

What happened to those 3 people if I may ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
pitt is very good about trying to stay up to date with changing the curriculum that we have our first two years to make sure it is up to date and what not. As far as clinic there are enough patients for everyone, protho is a little weak but we have a new chair who is great and hopefully will be getting ceriac in for the school which will help a lot. overall its a great place if you are active and are not going sit around and expect things to be handed to you.

If you are going to transfer, maybe you could set up a shadow day at UPitt or even just a brunch with a student/tour of the facilities.

If you are going to transfer, maybe you could set up a shadow day at UPitt or even just a brunch with a student/tour of the facilities.

That's a great idea. I'll do that for sure if the time comes. Right now things are a little up in the air...

Are there any specific complaints that seem common among the student body?

Unless this is a family emergency, I cannot believe things would be so bad at one school that you would consider transferring to another school. Dental school is designed to be miserable at any school you go to.

3? Already? Financial or what. That's extremely unfortunate.