How do you fill out Advanced Placement Classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gonzo12164

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the course section, do I need to put the number of credits and the score (#) I got on the AP tests? Or do I just leave them blank? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Try the HELP section of AMCAS, under Coursework. They let you know what designations to give everything. Remember if it isn't on your official transcript they might strike it.

jackieMD2007 said:
Try the HELP section of AMCAS, under Coursework. They let you know what designations to give everything. Remember if it isn't on your official transcript they might strike it.
wait, so AP classes don't count? I was using my AP English as my English requirement; otherwise i don't really have one :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
AP classes that you get credit for count. They should show up on your transcript. Just put them down exactly as they are on your transcript and check the AP box.

Some schools want to see you take English and writing anyway. Even though I came in with AP English as well (Which ONLY shows on an OFFICIAL transcript, BTW), I was advised to take English classes if I wanted to apply to nursing or pharm schools so I did. I was interested in taking them anyway. Seek out some that are known for being more of an easy A. No extra points from the adcom for taking something ridiculously hard like Victorian Literature or something.

Also, AP Credit gets a FRESHMAN status (not High School) and has to appear just like what your transcript says.

AP courses get a "G" for the grade, i think.
this was on the AMCAS help manual somewhere.