How do you find out what each school emphasis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kata

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am so frustrated. I am trying to finish up my sup app and would like to find out more about what each school emphasis on research, or clinical or etc, but having the hardest time. I have visited all of their websites in search of some infor without luck. What I am I support to be looking for? Can anyone out there please me help? I think I am going crazy. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Purdue University, Washington State University, Idaho State, and University Colorado

OpticDean was applying to WSU, but I never heard whether or not he is actually attending. They are not really "research oriented" but I suppose that you could do research anywhere if you wanted. From talking to people, WSU prides itself on producing people with good listening and communication schools. They are in a small town, so they like to say how WSU is in a quiet location that allows you to concentrate on your studies without the distractions of city life. You will find that internships may be hard to find as there are way more students than local pharmacies. They make you do half of your final rotations in either Yakima or Moses Lake. The other half can be done in Western Washington or Spokane. When I toured, I got the impression that they give preference to those who want to practice in Eastern WA, especially rural areas.

I personally would go nuts if I had to live in Pullman for 3 years. Plus, it's so cold there in the winter that when you tip the cows, they shatter and make a big mess.

:) :( :) Go Huskies! :) :( :)