how do you get into dental school early?

Started by chkm
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chkm

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My dentist started going to dental school during what was supposed to be his senior year in college...
how does this happen?
 
I believe only ninety hours of college are required to be accepted into a dental school (and it's the same way with some medical school, if I'm not mistaken), though I imagine being accepted without a bachelor's degree is very rare.
 
Last edited:
Work hard, work smart.

BribeTN.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought a lot of dental schools required a bachelors but i could be wrong. He could have just graduated early and not had to do his senior year.
 
Well since there's a required amount of credits usually totalling 4 years undergrad, couldn't one take enough AP and dual enrollment/CC courses while in high school to obtain enough credits to skip a year of college?

Or maybe the person did a B.S./D.D.S. program?
http://eng-sci.udmercy.edu/programs/sci/biology/programs/bs-dds/index.htm

http://www.dental.ufl.edu/Offices/Admissions/DMD/honors_combined_bs_dmd_program.php


Yeah, the first option was what I was thinking. For instance, I could have graduated this year, but instead I'd rather graduate with friends so I picked up a minor.