How do you get patients to pick up their refills?

Started by apple212
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

apple212

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work in an independent pharmacy and therefore we dont have automated robo-calls like other chain pharmacies, notifiying patients to pick up their refills. Do you guys have any advice on how to get patients to come up and pick up their refills? My pharmacy call patient on the DAY that we filled their refill, that it is ready... and then we call them after a week or so to tell them their refills are ready... but i end up reversing the claims on 'day 14.'

My pharmacist always leaves a message saying, "please call the pharmacy back..." but never indicated that the refill is ready... Can you guys help me with phrases, or messages that are effective in having people to come to pick up their prescriptions...?
 
I work in an independent pharmacy and therefore we dont have automated robo-calls like other chain pharmacies, notifiying patients to pick up their refills. Do you guys have any advice on how to get patients to come up and pick up their refills? My pharmacy call patient on the DAY that we filled their refill, that it is ready... and then we call them after a week or so to tell them their refills are ready... but i end up reversing the claims on 'day 14.'

My pharmacist always leaves a message saying, "please call the pharmacy back..." but never indicated that the refill is ready... Can you guys help me with phrases, or messages that are effective in having people to come to pick up their prescriptions...?
???

Which rx computer system do you use+
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it was Zelman who had the best idea...basically, pair up an early refilling narcotic user with a forgetful routine maintenance medication user, and tell them that neither can refill their medication, until both refill it. Worries solved! 🙂
 
I'll leave a message that your order has been ready for 1 week and will remain ready until the end of the day. I do not identify who it is for or that it is a prescription. I'll leave my phone number for any questions. As a patient/consumer, if I get a message from a place I do business with, I know what they are talking about.

This way I never violate privacy but the point gets across.
 
We had a computer software for "will call bin" - basically put in phone #s of those patients, and it auto dials them with a recording of the pharmacist telling them to come pick up their meds.