How do you get your "Official DAT score"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naj118

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I know some schools ask for your "official DAT score" when you are applying. Ok I know what mine is and everything but how do you send that out to a school? Don't you just have one copy you get from the test center after you are done taking it? Are they asking for you to just xerox it and then send it out, or are you supposed to go to the test center and get a real copy?
Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

no, the copy you get in your hand from test center is unofficial, it states that on the printout.

You have to call Adea, can get the number from their AADSAS website...or just go to adea.org and find the section on the DAT...there is a link for test reports...follow it from there

Indy

naj118 said:
Hey all,
I know some schools ask for your "official DAT score" when you are applying. Ok I know what mine is and everything but how do you send that out to a school? Don't you just have one copy you get from the test center after you are done taking it? Are they asking for you to just xerox it and then send it out, or are you supposed to go to the test center and get a real copy?
Thanks everyone.

When you first signed up to take the DAT you put down 5 schools that ADA will send the official scores to. Those 5 schools are included in the price you piad to take the test. For the rest you have to pay $10/school.

here is how you do it:

https://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/online/index.asp

then click on Test Score Report Requests

fill it out and select all the shools you want to official DAT scores to be sent to, then pay and you are done!

Members don't see this ad :)
when u registered to take the DAT's they asked where you wanted the scores to be sent. you have up to 5 for free and the rest is $10 extra. you can request more of these transcripts through their website.

food4thots said:
when u registered to take the DAT's they asked where you wanted the scores to be sent. you have up to 5 for free and the rest is $10 extra. you can request more of these transcripts through their website.

I don't plan on applying until May '07 but if I take the DAT this summer or this winter, will they still send the 5 free ones right after I take it? Won't the schools lose it or just throw it away since they don't have my application yet? Thanks.

gtl4f said:
I don't plan on applying until May '07 but if I take the DAT this summer or this winter, will they still send the 5 free ones right after I take it? Won't the schools lose it or just throw it away since they don't have my application yet? Thanks.

I'm doing the same thing. And after e-mailing the schools I am interested, they said that they would probably not keep my scores on file. So yeah, we lose out on the 5 reports included, but we are taking the test without having to worry about it when we have to fill out applications and such.

gtl4f said:

i don't know how long schools keep your scores on file. maybe if you contact them directly and tell them, they might hold if for you.