How do you locums docs handle endless reference requests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Doing locums assignments multiple times a year and with each hospital asking multiple references; PLUS jumping ship to a different locums agency, the agency again asks new references also.

I end up asking the same physician colleagues multiple times, but probably running their patience down.

Just wondering if anyone has a more efficient system than mine. Reference bank/depositories?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I have a group of friends who also do locums. We generally have an agreement to fill out and submit all references for each other.

Seriously though the reference thing is stupid, and out of hand. It's a very old-fashioned process for granting "hospital privileges" and shouldn't really apply to widget-factory employees like us.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a group of friends who also do locums. We generally have an agreement to fill out and submit all references for each other.

Seriously though the reference thing is stupid, and out of hand. It's a very old-fashioned process for granting "hospital privileges" and shouldn't really apply to widget-factory employees like us.

Agreed. As if asking for NPDB reports and malpractice history isn't sufficient. Why not ask for references to see if the applicant's carefully chosen friends/colleagues will tell us his/her dark secrets and browser history.

Another useless rate-limiting step for the inert credentialing process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk