How do you make sure you have all of the content covered for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danny L

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of MCAT books out there and they're all slightly different. How do you make sure you have everything (from big topics to small details) covered?

IE What books are best for each section?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There are a lot of MCAT books out there and they're all slightly different. How do you make sure you have everything (from big topics to small details) covered?

IE What books are best for each section?

The AAMC website has a list of all the testable material across the 3 sections you need background information for conveniently broken up into 10 foundational concepts each with a couple subcontents. Going over that while studying is good to make sure you're not missing any topics. From my experience all the test companies cover all the relevant info (some go more in depth than others depending on your individual needs) except EK psych/soc is lacking. I recommend TPR's psych/soc book.

Reactions: 1 user
The AAMC website has a list of all the testable material across the 3 sections you need background information for conveniently broken up into 10 foundational concepts each with a couple subcontents. Going over that while studying is good to make sure you're not missing any topics. From my experience all the test companies cover all the relevant info (some go more in depth than others depending on your individual needs) except EK psych/soc is lacking. I recommend TPR's psych/soc book.
I am a very visual learner. IYO, does any book set do this better than the others?