how do you pay for it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikarose

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying to PsyD?PhD programs next year. I really hope to attend Rosemead or Wheaton. How do you pay for school if you are not a research or teaching assistant? Do I really have to do this on loans? Also if anyone is in one of the Christian PsyD programs I would love to talk to you. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not familiar with those schools, but during my experience interviewing for a counseling PhD program at a private christian university, I found that they seem much more open to integrating religion into therapy etc. It seemed this was the case for most counseling programs as compared to clinical programs (as this was one reason the interviewees explained they wanted to go into counseling).In any case, this type of program is likely to have better funding than many psyd alternatives.

If have have any more specific questions about this school, let me know.

My understanding is yes, you'll be paying mostly on loans. This is one reason that out of the Christian schools I only applied to Rosemead's Ph.D. program. Wheaton's only offers something like a $6,000/yr scholarship, which is nothing considering the cost of tuition!

Members don't see this ad :)
on a side track, how much does being a GTA or a RA pay? is it enough for room/board, tuition, books, etc...??

on a side track, how much does being a GTA or a RA pay? is it enough for room/board, tuition, books, etc...??

Q1: It definitely depends on the program.

Q2: It depends on the cost of living in the area.

Most programs publish their stipend amounts on their websites, & almost all of them are listed in the Graduate School in Psychology book that is published every year.

Q1: It definitely depends on the program.

Q2: It depends on the cost of living in the area.

Most programs publish their stipend amounts on their websites, & almost all of them are listed in the Graduate School in Psychology book that is published every year.

thanks ill be sure to check that out :)