"How do you plan to pay for your education at RCSI," said the RCSI interviewer.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jammer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's survey time! How many of you were asked at your interview with RCSI: "How do you plan to afford your education at RCSI???"

And if so, did the interviewers at least ask you what your name was before asking you how you would come up with the wads of cash?

Members don't see this ad.

You could say you have a rich millionaire daddy and you're only studying medicine for something to do to pass the time or more realistically do what I'm going to have to do. Work twelve hours a day six days a week as a nurses aide/care assistant, the money is quite good (I think), you can work as much or as little as you like and it gives you a feel for working in a hospital/healthcare enviroment. It looks good on a CV or college application as well.

Yeah i got that question but asked in a nicer way. since they didn't want me in their school period, they asked it in a different way. they said "do you understand how much you need to pay to go to school there" . I said yes, and they said "just so you understand"

that was a crappy interview and the interviewers were disinterested and not very nice

Members don't see this ad :)
Ratan1982 said:
Yeah i got that question but asked in a nicer way. since they didn't want me in their school period, they asked it in a different way. they said "do you understand how much you need to pay to go to school there" . I said yes, and they said "just so you understand"

that was a crappy interview and the interviewers were disinterested and not very nice

Hey, I was just wondering how you replied, and if they offered you a spot?

Flinstone said:
Hey, I was just wondering how you replied, and if they offered you a spot?

With a very big check. I was offered the spot.

Little did I know that the check would become bigger and bigger each year; the RCSI's appetite for money is insatiable.

They said to expect a 5-7% increase in tuition fees per annum, in reality it is more like an 8-15% increase each year. More lies from RCSI. Along with the tuition invoice, you receive a letter to explain why tuition is being increased; that letter is the same crappy form letter each year, other than the changed date.

Jammer said:
It's survey time! How many of you were asked at your interview with RCSI: "How do you plan to afford your education at RCSI???"

And if so, did the interviewers at least ask you what your name was before asking you how you would come up with the wads of cash?

I would be shocked if they hadn't asked you what your plan was to pay the tuition fees. That's a legitimate and pertinent question which deserves a legitimate answer and any serious candidate will have devised such a plan before getting to the interview stage. Sufficient financial aid is available to cover the tuition fees so why would they care if you paid with a personal check or with a financial aid check? How could they be sure that the father of a student who says "Daddy will pay." isn't broke? They didn't ask you for any evidence did they? Daddys can always go belly-up but a government-guaranteed financial aid check is not going to bounce. Therefore, to my mind a student using financial aid would be a better bet than one who simply "claims" that their father will write a check every year. I'm sure that they would be suspicious of such a claim anyway. They're not amateurs at this, you know. Count how many of your classmates are writing a check every year rather than using financial aid to cover at least a portion of their educational costs...(if you can find one)....and your "theory" fails miserably. All of the RCSI students I know are availing of student loans and/or lines of credit.

So, Jhammer, don't use the grudge you are holding against RCSI to mislead people on this board by implying that RCSI students are so wealthy that they simply write a check to RCSI every year AND, moreover, that students who can pay with a personal check rather than a financial aid check receive some kind of priority in the admissions process because that's utter nonsense. By doing so, you are serving no purpose other than insulting your classmates (who worked very hard to earn the qualifications required for admission) and embarassing yourself.

Respectfully, etc.

dontbsme said:
I would be shocked if they hadn't asked you what your plan was to pay the tuition fees. That's a legitimate and pertinent question which deserves a legitimate answer and any serious candidate will have devised such a plan before getting to the interview stage. Sufficient financial aid is available to cover the tuition fees so why would they care if you paid with a personal check or with a financial aid check? How could they be sure that the father of a student who says "Daddy will pay." isn't broke? They didn't ask you for any evidence did they? Daddys can always go belly-up but a government-guaranteed financial aid check is not going to bounce. Therefore, to my mind a student using financial aid would be a better bet than one who simply "claims" that their father will write a check every year. I'm sure that they would be suspicious of such a claim anyway. They're not amateurs at this, you know. Count how many of your classmates are writing a check every year rather than using financial aid to cover at least a portion of their educational costs...(if you can find one)....and your "theory" fails miserably. All of the RCSI students I know are availing of student loans and/or lines of credit.

So, Jhammer, don't use the grudge you are holding against RCSI to mislead people on this board by implying that RCSI students are so wealthy that they simply write a check to RCSI every year AND, moreover, that students who can pay with a personal check rather than a financial aid check receive some kind of priority in the admissions process because that's utter nonsense. By doing so, you are serving no purpose other than insulting your classmates (who worked very hard to earn the qualifications required for admission) and embarassing yourself.

Respectfully, etc.

you don't come here, you don't know what it's like. there are more little rich brats here than i can count.

Suck dick for coke, suck dick for tuition money worked for me.

Choda said:
you don't come here, you don't know what it's like. there are more little rich brats here than i can count.

I don't? How can you be so sure?

I should perhaps point out to you that (i) rich brats are everywhere and (ii) most of the world would consider you, who are able to avail of a costly medical education, in the same category.

Respectfully, etc.

dontbsme said:
I don't? How can you be so sure?

I should perhaps point out to you that (i) rich brats are everywhere and (ii) most of the world would consider you, who are able to avail of a costly medical education, in the same category.

Respectfully, etc.

Oh, and who are you?

Lol, rich...no. I'm totally out here on my own dime dude - in debt up the yin yang since undergrad (but the rcsi adcom doesn't know that! :laugh:) - i've been eating pasta for god knows how many consecutive meals now. Brat...ummm....more like... punkass :thumbup:

thanks for comin out!

Choda said:
Oh, and who are you?

Lol, rich...no. I'm totally out here on my own dime dude - in debt up the yin yang since undergrad (but the rcsi adcom doesn't know that! :laugh:) - i've been eating pasta for god knows how many consecutive meals now. Brat...ummm....more like... punkass :thumbup:

thanks for comin out!

The above is completely undecipherable. What a waste of an "educated" mind. You say that English is the second of your four languages. One can't help but wonder how awful is your command of the remaining two!

Respectfully, etc.

dontbsme said:
The above is completely undecipherable. What a waste of an "educated" mind. You say that English is the second of your four languages. One can't help but wonder how awful is your command of the remaining two!

Respectfully, etc.

Who are you and who made you king tut?

Members don't see this ad :)
student.ie said:
Is it just me or do you all find it really irritating how dontbsme ends every post with "Respectfully, etc." after being disrespecful?

It doesn´t suprise me that ´dontbsme´ constructs posts in such a contradictory manner. Blatant disrespect of other SDN members followed by signing ´respectfully´ in a lame attempt to recover some form of dignity. A perfect example of a wolf in sheep´s clothing.

In the least, ´dontbsme´, do not try to patronize other SDN members by hiding your true intent, you will not be successful. At least, not on my watch. YOU believe that YOU are anonymous, but YOU are far too transparent. Anyone can figure out that when one presents something as ´too good to be true´, it usually is ´too good to be true´. The fact that you have failed to cite even one deficiency of RCSI is proof enough that your opinions are heavily biased, fascist propaganda and outright lies. You are disgraceful and lack integrity, and your posts clearly reflect this.

With all disrespect, etc.....

Jammer said:
It doesn´t suprise me that ´dontbsme´ constructs posts in such a contradictory manner. Blatant disrespect of other SDN members followed by signing ´respectfully´ in a lame attempt to recover some form of dignity. A perfect example of a wolf in sheep´s clothing.

In the least, ´dontbsme´, do not try to patronize other SDN members by hiding your true intent, you will not be successful. At least, not on my watch. YOU believe that YOU are anonymous, but YOU are far too transparent. Anyone can figure out that when one presents something as ´too good to be true´, it usually is ´too good to be true´. The fact that you have failed to cite even one deficiency of RCSI is proof enough that your opinions are heavily biased, fascist propaganda and outright lies. You are disgraceful and lack integrity, and your posts clearly reflect this.

With all disrespect, etc.....

"On my watch", indeed! In the unfortunate words which were originally posted by Choda (above), may I ask "Who made you king tut?"

Your posting really is no more than rambling nonsense. It contributes nothing to intelligent discourse. Please start a new thread entitled "Rambling Nonsense" and thereby allow other SDN members to indulge in pertinent discussions about medical education here.

I'm afraid that, once again, your vocabulary has let you down. Please provide (a.) your definition of a facist (without first consulting your dictionary) and (b.) examples of the facist propoganda to which you refer. Otherwise, yet again, your claim must be summarily ignored. Thank you.

Respectfully, etc.

Jammer said:
The fact that you have failed to cite even one deficiency of RCSI .

I can cite one!

Respectfully, etc.

you spelled fascist wrong

Ratan1982 said:
you spelled fascist wrong

The word you are seeking is "incorrectly".

Yet another person with something substantive to add to this forum!

Respectfully.

Indeed. with your own incoherent rambling, isnt' that post a little ironic? its a bit strange that a person who's filled this thread with lame insults about other people's "incoherent rambling" can't spell correctly. Just though i'd point that out homey

Ratan1982 said:
Indeed. with your own incoherent rambling, isnt' that post a little ironic? its a bit strange that a person who's filled this thread with lame insults about other people's "incoherent rambling" can't spell correctly. Just though i'd point that out homey

"Homey"! This is ghetto language or would you understand better the expression "ghetto lingo"? Did your parents raise you in a ghetto and keep you home from school or did they go to the expense of providing you with an education? If the former, then we, the SDN members, will excuse you. If the latter, is your use of ghetto lingo how you choose to honor their sacrifices?

I note from one of your earlier posts that your application to RCSI was rejected after the interview. I had suspected that there might be a retaliatory rationale for your recent hostile postings. It would seem that you and Jhammer have both chosen this forum to grind your respective axes against RCSI. He, because of disciplinary reprimands and you, because you were denied entry after the interview panel met you.

Please return to pertinent topics related to medical school. Thank you.

Respectfully, etc.

student.ie said:
So lame. So very lame. I bet you're one of those who puts on a fake accent too.

We have all been wondering when you, young lady, would make your grand entrance with a gem of enlightenment and I, for one, am pleased that you have lived up to everyone's expectations. In light of your whining like a silly schoolgirl for almost three years about how miserable you are in life, your silence has been resoundingly deafening.

Please return to topics concerning medical school. Thank you.

Respectfully, etc.

Readers: Watch this thread for the resultant string of abuse. I eagerly look forward to it as much as you do.

dontbsme said:
It would seem that you and Jhammer have both chosen this forum to grind your respective axes against RCSI. He, because of disciplinary reprimands and you, because you were denied entry after the interview panel met you.

Another one of your statements that is an outright lie! Disciplinary reprimands - far from it. The first time that you accused me of receiving 'disciplinary reprimands' from RCSI, I stated that this was not the case. Yet, you persist to post the same false accusation??? By your actions, you have, yet again, reinforced the fact that YOU are an IDIOT!!!

You mentioned in a previous post that you are a graduate of RCSI. Now, you are a 'guest lecturer'; you have, undoubtedly, developed a superiority complex and this has fooled you into believing that you can patronize other SDN members. I'm curious to know what your achievements and contributions were as a student at RCSI? What, in your opinion, makes you the definitive voice of 'the students' experience at RCSI'?

And please, no more lies...

By the way, I figured that you would decline my invitation to meet us for drinks after the conferring ceremony. It's really too bad because it would have been an enlightening experience for you. It may have even helped to clarify some of your false beliefs - but then again, delusions are firmly held despite logical and confirming evidence to the contrary.

Jammer said:
Another one of your statements that is an outright lie! Disciplinary reprimands - far from it. The first time that you accused me of receiving 'disciplinary reprimands' from RCSI, I stated that this was not the case. Yet, you persist to post the same false accusation??? By your actions, you have, yet again, reinforced the fact that YOU are an IDIOT!!!

You mentioned in a previous post that you are a graduate of RCSI. Now, you are a 'guest lecturer'; you have, undoubtedly, developed a superiority complex and this has fooled you into believing that you can patronize other SDN members. I'm curious to know what your achievements and contributions were as a student at RCSI? What, in your opinion, makes you the definitive voice of 'the students' experience at RCSI'?

And please, no more lies...

By the way, I figured that you would decline my invitation to meet us for drinks after the conferring ceremony. It's really too bad because it would have been an enlightening experience for you. It may have even helped to clarify some of your false beliefs - but then again, delusions are firmly held despite logical and confirming evidence to the contrary.

Just when we, the SDN members, thought that your cheap vulgarity had finally been lost from this board you disappointed us all. As both a graduate and a guest lecturer I am embarassed that an individual of your ilk will be known as an RCSI graduate. You demonstrate through your posts a particularly angry, caustic demeanour which is unbecoming in a prospective medical professional and does not bode well for your professional or personal future. Mark these words. I have seen numerous careers and lives go up in flames as a result of the types of personality flaws you demonstrate regularly on this board.

You will find that I only patronize those on this board who react most vehemently to my posts and particularly those who post vulgarity.

Now, please explain what you believe is a "superiority complex". This term is gibberish. Once you have done that, then please return to a topic which is of interest to the SDN members. Thank you.

Respectfully, etc.

Many thanks, once again, to the SDN members who have sent me private messages regarding my posts. Unfortunately, I cannot thank each of you individually.

Please return to the original purpose of this thread. There's absolutely no reason for the personal insults, and watch the allegations (which could be construed as libel) etc. Everyone just agree to disagree about certain issues and leave it at that, eh? Thanks.

dontbsme said:
We have all been wondering when you, young lady, would make your grand entrance with a gem of enlightenment and I, for one, am pleased that you have lived up to everyone's expectations. In light of your whining like a silly schoolgirl for almost three years about how miserable you are in life, your silence has been resoundingly deafening.

Please return to topics concerning medical school. Thank you.

Respectfully, etc.

Readers: Watch this thread for the resultant string of abuse. I eagerly look forward to it as much as you do.

:laugh: Methinks thine language hath mine point proven. :laugh:

student.ie said:
:laugh: Methinks thine language hath mine point proven. :laugh:

Silly schoolgirl nonsense! Please return to the topic of medical education. Thank you.

Respectfully, etc.