How do you send GRE scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nightwing237

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm about to take my GRE in 2 weeks and was wondering what the process was for sending them to the PT schools I will apply for. I took note of all the GRE codes I needed through PTCAS, but do I have to remember these codes for right after I finish the test? Or am I supposed to send the scores at my own time on my computer? Someone please explain this process to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Just finished taking the GRE an hour ago. They allow you to send up to 4 schools for free after the test. No need to memorize, there is a search option. Most of them will have PTCAS after the school name. After the initial four, you need to pay for the rest at home.

You can send scores to 4 recipients for free after you finish the test. The rest is paid. You should bring a list of codes with you or know which schools you're applying to in order to send to your free 4 schools. The rest you can do at your own time from your MyGRE account for $27 per recipient.

Members don't see this ad :)
So just to clarify, I do not need to bring a list of codes with me? I know sending scores can be a little tricky because some school as PTCAS codes or University codes or University codes AND department codes or they have a PTCAS code and University code but prefer University. So I have to pick out these schools BEFORE the test? or after? I'm just a little paranoid, lol. I want to bring a slip of paper with my codes but I am not sure if I will be able to bring that in. Sorry to resurrect such an old thread.

So just to clarify, I do not need to bring a list of codes with me? I know sending scores can be a little tricky because some school as PTCAS codes or University codes or University codes AND department codes or they have a PTCAS code and University code but prefer University. So I have to pick out these schools BEFORE the test? or after? I'm just a little paranoid, lol. I want to bring a slip of paper with my codes but I am not sure if I will be able to bring that in. Sorry to resurrect such an old thread.

No, you do not need a list. Once you complete the test, they give you the option to report your scores or cancel them. I suggest you report them because if you cancel, you won't be able to see your scores and you've just waisted $200. In terms of memorizing the codes, everyone else pretty much said it. ETS has a list of all the schools with their respective "PTCAS GRE code" so remembering them is not necessary (just know the schools that you want to apply to). If the schools do not have a "PTCAS GRE Code," this usually means that your score reports will be paper-delivered to the school so you must select the University's GRE code and/or the physical therapy department's GRE code. Good luck!

Last edited: