oopsaloo

2+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2015
Status
Medical Student
What do you guys do Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays? Just curious how other pre-meds spend their weekends.

Jun 12, 2014
I work about 20 hours a week and therefore often work weekends.

When my work schedule allows for it, I like to do a bit of schoolwork on Saturday morning, go to church on Sunday morning, and spend the rest of the time with family and friends.

Reactions: xyphr

ac62994

2+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I tried answering this, but it made me realize how boring I was...now I'm sad :(

TexasSurgeon

I don't pay state taxes
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2012
Starship Enterprise
Status
Medical Student
Well my weekends look like weekdays rn b/c of my MCAT. So I basically study on weekends currently.

When it's over, it'll go back to the usual:
I've scheduled my classes so that I never had a class on Fridays, so I usually do research, work out, hang out with friends
Saturday: Work out, watch TV, meet up with a friend, volunteer in the ER for 3 hrs at night.
Sunday: Plan out the next week, catch up on HW and study

Living on campus was significantly more fun though. Since all my friends were right there, we could hang out 2-3 times a week even if it was just studying in the library and etc. Now it's a little more formal

Jun 19, 2015
Food marathons at many restaurants in town fills much of my time... Gotta start working out again though!

Dr.Sticks

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Nothing final, but I'm trying to find a place to volunteer as an EMT.. So that will take up my weekends! :O
If it gets finalized and all..
My schedule makes it extremely easy for me to study/do homework during the weekdays. No class until 1..
2 night classes, but otherwise I can be home by 4. So weekends is all me..

Jay_W

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
volunteering, lab work, writing endless secondary essays, refreshing emails, SDN (too much...)

Reactions: rocklobstr

gothicfoxes

MD & MPH goals
Jun 17, 2015
Bodymore Murdaland
Status
Other Health Professions Student
What people think I do: work, volunteer, study (overachiever 4 life!!11).

What I really do: work in the day, concerts followed by Netflix at night.

Roxas

Giggity!
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2012
Twilight Town
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Watch Anime or play video games. I'm boring but i'm cool with it.
I'm proud of the fact that me and my 25-30 year old friends can sustain an hour long conversation in public about pokemon. Own that ****.

JustintheDoctor

High functioning FeelsOpath
5+ Year Member
May 9, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm proud of the fact that me and my 25-30 year old friends can sustain an hour long conversation in public about pokemon. Own that ****.
:laugh: Hell yeah bro, I talk about anime all the time with my friends. If anyone has an issue, they can take it up personally. :sneaky:

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
space chat
What do you guys do Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays? Just curious how other pre-meds spend their weekends.
I catch up with whatever news i missed over the week, play video games, and sleep.

Watch Anime or play video games. I'm boring but i'm cool with it.
Shonen fan?

Gen 1-4 or bust. :smug::smug:

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
space chat
Yup, I watch just about everything(Hentai breaks the borders but series like Monster Musume I must allow it)
Sweet. I'm mainly a Shonen fan though i do watch some random Slice of Life and Seinen anime. Occasionally, i may read some manhwa, but that's about it lol.

Reactions: JustintheDoctor

Dro133

5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Sometimes I spend my Saturday nights pretending that I'm a famous person from history and that I have to write a recommendation letter to the real me based on that person's point of view. It passes the time.

Roxas

Giggity!
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2012
Twilight Town
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Sometimes I spend my Saturday nights pretending that I'm a famous person from history and that I have to write a recommendation letter to the real me based on that person's point of view. It passes the time.

Reactions: Mr. Beefy Lion

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
space chat
Truth. The only reason I bought a DS was to play Soul Silver and KH 358/2 Days
Those games are awesome! I don't play much Pokemon anymore since i feel Mega Evolutions ruined it due to major inconsistency (i.e. Mega Mewtwo X/Y and Mega Rayquaza?? :rage::punch:)

Play WoW in my mom's basement, shop for stylish fedoras online, have atheist debates on reddit - nothing you casuals would understand.
Used to play WoW and LoL, but now playing mainly D&D. Good times.

JustintheDoctor

High functioning FeelsOpath
5+ Year Member
May 9, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Play WoW in my mom's basement, shop for stylish fedoras online, have atheist debates on reddit - nothing you casuals would understand.
damn it's like looking in a mirror. Atheist debates are the best. Both sides of the argument get really annoyed.:highfive:

Mar 19, 2015
Different tonight because all my friends left for school but during school year:
Friday: turn up
Saturday: get jacked if not too hungover, turn up
Sunday: get jacked if not too hungover, eat, study, annoy roomates with ridiculous situation questions

GCS-15

2+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Friday/ Saturday: study til 9pm ish, then chill/ party for a bit
Sunday: study all day

rocklobstr

2+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Don't work nights every weekend because that **** blows

Jun 2, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Volunteer on Saturday mornings and then spend time on myself and my friends.