May 13, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
For those currently studying for the DAT or have already taken it: What is your daily study schedule? For example - Do you read for 2 hours and then do practice questions for an hour?

Thanks.

azar87

MD 2 Be
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2008
New York
Status
Medical Student
For me it started out as phases. This all depends on how well your background is of course. I started reviewing the basic sciences and everything in the kaplan review book to cover all the stuff that i needed to know. THose has questions at the end of the chapter. Once my actual studying phase was over i started doing kaplan subject tests for each of the science sections. Taking good notes was key in one notebook to go back on. Then i started with destroyer. This was straight up questions after questions all day as much as i could do. Here is where i found my weakneses and strenghts. The topics i didn't understand from these questions i went back on and mastered. I used regular destroyer and math destroyer. But make sure you have a basic understanding of both subjects before starting each of them. Along with this i used Crack dat pat which you have to do as much as you can everyday make it a routine. And finalize with Topscore to get used to the computer format and timing. Good luck

FreeFallin

7+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2009
Status
Dental Student
For me it started out as phases. This all depends on how well your background is of course. I started reviewing the basic sciences and everything in the kaplan review book to cover all the stuff that i needed to know. THose has questions at the end of the chapter. Once my actual studying phase was over i started doing kaplan subject tests for each of the science sections. Taking good notes was key in one notebook to go back on. Then i started with destroyer. This was straight up questions after questions all day as much as i could do. Here is where i found my weakneses and strenghts. The topics i didn't understand from these questions i went back on and mastered. I used regular destroyer and math destroyer. But make sure you have a basic understanding of both subjects before starting each of them. Along with this i used Crack dat pat which you have to do as much as you can everyday make it a routine. And finalize with Topscore to get used to the computer format and timing. Good luck
How many months did you study for the DAT?

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Here's my breakdown if you want to take a look: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=717065. As far as time studying, I would usually do chemistry in the day (problems/reading/forums) and then read biology at night because I needed to pay more attention while doing chemistry stuff than biology and chemistry at night would knock me out. :)