How do you study for the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrono

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those currently studying for the DAT or have already taken it: What is your daily study schedule? For example - Do you read for 2 hours and then do practice questions for an hour?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For me it started out as phases. This all depends on how well your background is of course. I started reviewing the basic sciences and everything in the kaplan review book to cover all the stuff that i needed to know. THose has questions at the end of the chapter. Once my actual studying phase was over i started doing kaplan subject tests for each of the science sections. Taking good notes was key in one notebook to go back on. Then i started with destroyer. This was straight up questions after questions all day as much as i could do. Here is where i found my weakneses and strenghts. The topics i didn't understand from these questions i went back on and mastered. I used regular destroyer and math destroyer. But make sure you have a basic understanding of both subjects before starting each of them. Along with this i used Crack dat pat which you have to do as much as you can everyday make it a routine. And finalize with Topscore to get used to the computer format and timing. Good luck

For me it started out as phases. This all depends on how well your background is of course. I started reviewing the basic sciences and everything in the kaplan review book to cover all the stuff that i needed to know. THose has questions at the end of the chapter. Once my actual studying phase was over i started doing kaplan subject tests for each of the science sections. Taking good notes was key in one notebook to go back on. Then i started with destroyer. This was straight up questions after questions all day as much as i could do. Here is where i found my weakneses and strenghts. The topics i didn't understand from these questions i went back on and mastered. I used regular destroyer and math destroyer. But make sure you have a basic understanding of both subjects before starting each of them. Along with this i used Crack dat pat which you have to do as much as you can everyday make it a routine. And finalize with Topscore to get used to the computer format and timing. Good luck

How many months did you study for the DAT?

Here's my breakdown if you want to take a look: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=717065. As far as time studying, I would usually do chemistry in the day (problems/reading/forums) and then read biology at night because I needed to pay more attention while doing chemistry stuff than biology and chemistry at night would knock me out. :)