How do you study for the PAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eddyRDH

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I took the DAT recently and did not do well on the PAT. I was getting 18-19 consistently on topscore and kaplan.

On test day I get a 16!!!! OUCH! :eek:

How did you all study?

Members don't see this ad.

eddyRDH said:
Hi all,

I took the DAT recently and did not do well on the PAT. I was getting 18-19 consistently on topscore and kaplan.

How did you all study?
www.acethedat.com has pretty realistic perceptual questions.......everything else is ok too as far as realistic difficulty. Be aware of the fact that the program is riddled with errors though. I think that they might have been real drunk during the editing process. But it was the best source I had for that section.

Most importantly.....unless you have poor eyesight or something just stick with it. When you miss one go back to it and figure out how it was wrong and after a while you will see it. Just like everything else it simply takes a little practice.

Also.......Kaplan really is worthless for that section.

Good luck to you.

which sections are you struggling the most with?

Members don't see this ad :)
i took the DAT's twice.. first time i rushed thru the PAT's and had plenty of extra time to go back and double check. i ended up getting a 16. second time, i took more time and was more careful i got a 20. i practiced about the same on both occasions. i was getting 20-24's on kaplan practices. make sure u stay calm and keep ur confidence up.

eddyRDH said:
Hi all,

How did you all study?

Try DAT Achiever from the following website:

www.3tquest.com

It's been proven good not only for PAT, but rest of other sections too (especially the SNS) ...

I agree Kaplan doesn't really prepare you for the PAT section at all. My PAT score fell about 5 points in the real thing compared to Kaplan practice exams.

I need some help on the pat too. please let me know if you found help.

eddyRDH said:
Hi all,

How did you all study?

lots of people were saying that acethedat and the dat achiever were pretty good indicators of what the real pat section of the dat was like. also, other people were saying they started imagining objects in 3d and playing with legos....i haven't done neither of the latter but im plannign to use the acethedat and the dat achiever

Buy DATachiever. It is the best test prep for $50. The PAT alone is worth more than that. While being able to pick out the right choice is great, being able to eliminate the wrong choices is just as important or even more. It is the latter that helped me work through the PAT questions quickly. When I can't figure out what the object is in 20s or so, I start eliminating. Good Luck!

mitshi said:
Try DAT Achiever from the following website:

www.3tquest.com

It's been proven good not only for PAT, but rest of other sections too (especially the SNS) ...

If working through 15 PAT Practice tests on DAT Achiever won't raise your score, then I don't know what else will!

eddyRDH said:
Hi all,

How did you all study?

I spent 1 entire week to solve a biology question.... :eek: