How do you study pathology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

Reborn24

The goljan notes are like bulleted outline. They are too short that I can't memorize it without the background story. help.

Members don't see this ad.

Weirdoc said:
The goljan notes are like bulleted outline. They are too short that I can't memorize it without the background story. help.

Probaby because you're a first-year. You need the background from 2nd year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Weirdoc said:

When you said you can't memorize it, what exactly did you mean? Did you mean word for word? If it were, it's impossible to memorize the entire Goljan notes plus first aid plus BRS plus whatever sources you might have. My suggestion is to understand the big picture and basic concepts very well and apply it by answering questions. You would be surprised that how much you'd remember by understanding the concepts.

Weirdoc said:

Rapid Review Pathology by Goljan, 2006 edition

delicatefade said:
You really can't shut your piehole about this can you???

BTW, Rapid Review is also an outline format.

It may be in an outline format, but it is easier to read than the notes, and it is also not "bulleted."

I will continue to provide the same response, since it was helpful to me and many others. It seems that the exact same questions are continually asked.

goljan.jpg

OSUdoc08 is right. Without a background in the systems its not going to be easy to study or memorize. If you don't like Goljan or BRS Path read Robbins and have fun with that. :laugh:

Weirdoc said:
I am like you and cannot just look at bullet points.

If you have access to the audio (it is all over the web...just do a search) it follows very closely the Rapid Review books. Just listen to the audio as you go through the book. Also, take a little time to go through the Biochem, Micro and Pysio as you make your way through Path. Make those connections now because that is how the questions are on Step 1. I had several questions where you had to know Path and Micro to answer a Pharm question.

Weirdoc said:
any other ideas on tackling pathology. I heard the kaplan lecture notes on pathology sucks

well if you are just now entering your second year...Robbins and Robbins QBook are AWESOME...if it's too late for that

BRS path is pretty solid