How do you think about this pharmacy counter? please feedback us about your idea.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChinaCareMedical

Reaction score
Hello, this is Joseph, Our company is trying to market this pharmacy counter, We need your suggestion for this products.
QQ图片20180613225955.png

1,Afforable
The price of our pharmacy counter is less than USD1800, it is much less than the big pharmacy counter, and it also cheaper than the USA brand, RX-4,
Our machine is better functions then RX-4, but much cheaper price.

2,Portable and small
It is not a big machine, it is easy to put any place of your pharmacy, it doesnt need a large place to put.

3,High Speed
It is quickly counting, Max 1000 pieces/Munites, Max Identifying Number is 9999 pieces

4,Three Module to count,
Single Mode
Use this mode to count a pre-determined number of tablets and dispense into the top drawer. When the top drawer is removed, excess tablets on the turntable will drop into the bottom drawer.

Multiple Mode
Use this mode for counting multiple quantities from the same batch. When the top drawer containing the pre-determined count is removed, excess tablets will remain on the turntable. Insert collection drawer and Press START to perform additional counts. To clear turntable after last count, leave top drawer out and press CLEAR/INVENTORY/START.

Inventory Mode
Use this mode to count an entire amount of tablets. The HSPI will count up to 1,000 and restart

5,High Accuracy
It has the 99.99% accuracy, so it will reduce the possibility to mistake.

It can be used for double checking for the pharmacists, for the pharmacy store, for the personal pills counting,
for the clinics and hospitals and research originization.

What is your ideas about this machine ? if anything we need to improve ?
Welcome to leave your comments to us, then we will offer small gift to you.
Wait for your comments, have a nice day.

Members don't see this ad.

What is this, 1994?

Reactions: 5 users
It's got a turntable too! You could probably play a 45 on it. For the younger crowd that would be a record player.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The device may suit independent pharmacies more than the big chains, as most big chains have their own very expensive $200,000 USD machines. Do you have a video of this device in action? I am curious to see how it handles different sizes.

The device may suit independent pharmacies more than the big chains, as most big chains have their own very expensive $200,000 USD machines. Do you have a video of this device in action? I am curious to see how it handles different sizes.
Nah this thing looks awful.

Eyecon all day baby

It's easier to use a scale for big pills then to count them out.

Nah this thing looks awful.

Eyecon all day baby

Ugh eyecon. I was not a fan. Of course my exposure to it was pretty limited.

Now if someone wants to market a cheaper “PillVac” machine I would love that! It’s basically just a shop vac with a fancy head/attachment, can’t be that expensive to produce...

I remember a device like this (a Torbal model) gathering dust for the reasons talked about above in terms of calibration. Doesn't look easy to clean. This scale is too big for routine counts, and I doubt its sensitivity can be graded to even a 1000 count when the usual count is some multiple of 30. I really think you should talk with an instrumental analysis chemist in terms of the measurement engineering problems with solid dosage form counts. You need a fairly sensitive scale to avoid miscounts of 31 and 29 when 30 is the need.

And honestly, buying this in a pharmacy (and being the buyer for medical devices at various points in my career), I don't care as much about the device features as I am about the device reliability and device support. If you don't have a local support group that can replace parts within a business day, then it's very unlikely to be adopted.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, this is Joseph, Our company is trying to market this pharmacy counter, We need your suggestion for this products.
View attachment 235586
1,Afforable
The price of our pharmacy counter is less than USD1800, it is much less than the big pharmacy counter, and it also cheaper than the USA brand, RX-4,
Our machine is better functions then RX-4, but much cheaper price.

2,Portable and small
It is not a big machine, it is easy to put any place of your pharmacy, it doesnt need a large place to put.

3,High Speed
It is quickly counting, Max 1000 pieces/Munites, Max Identifying Number is 9999 pieces

4,Three Module to count,
Single Mode
Use this mode to count a pre-determined number of tablets and dispense into the top drawer. When the top drawer is removed, excess tablets on the turntable will drop into the bottom drawer.

Multiple Mode
Use this mode for counting multiple quantities from the same batch. When the top drawer containing the pre-determined count is removed, excess tablets will remain on the turntable. Insert collection drawer and Press START to perform additional counts. To clear turntable after last count, leave top drawer out and press CLEAR/INVENTORY/START.

Inventory Mode
Use this mode to count an entire amount of tablets. The HSPI will count up to 1,000 and restart

5,High Accuracy
It has the 99.99% accuracy, so it will reduce the possibility to mistake.

It can be used for double checking for the pharmacists, for the pharmacy store, for the personal pills counting,
for the clinics and hospitals and research originization.

What is your ideas about this machine ? if anything we need to improve ?
Welcome to leave your comments to us, then we will offer small gift to you.
Wait for your comments, have a nice day.
Our store has two Kirby Lester KL1 pill counter, they are pretty lightweight and fast. It is basically everything I would want in a counter. I gotta say that the current pharmacy counter market is pretty owned by existing companies. It will be very hard to break into it, but that thing does look like it is from the 90s.

Last edited:
Ugh eyecon. I was not a fan. Of course my exposure to it was pretty limited.
Now if someone wants to market a cheaper “PillVac” machine I would love that! It’s basically just a shop vac with a fancy head/attachment, can’t be that expensive to produce...
Oh I love mine.
"You shorted me 7 tablets!"

It's got a turntable too! You could probably play a 45 on it. For the younger crowd that would be a record player.
Hello, are you talking about the counting numbers? it is much more than 45 pieces, depends on your pills size, the max is 9999 pieces at the same time to put on the turbtable.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, we have video for that. you can tell us the size which you need to test, then we can test and take video for you.
The diameter of pills from 0.25cm to 1.8cm will be most suitable.

Our store has two Kirby Lester KL1 pill counter, they are pretty lightweight and fast. It is basically everything I would want in a counter. I gotta say that the current pharmacy counter market is pretty owned by existing companies. It will be very hard to break into it, but that thing does look like it is from the 90s.
Kirby Lester KL1 is much more expensive than ours, because our machine is made in China, our machine is improved according to RX-4 USA brand machine, do you know this machine ? our machine is much better than theirs, but only half price of that.
our machine is the advancer model than RX-4 model, we produce this machine according to theirs, but improve something based on their functions.
Comparing with their machine ,our advantages are as following, 1,more quick speed to count and more accurancy. 2,our machine can stop automatic when it is without pills on the machine, but theirs can't do this. 3,Ours max pills capability is 9999, but theirs can be only 999. 4,ours power is from 110v to 240v , but theirs can only be 110v

Any more ideas, welcome to discuss with us.

I remember a device like this (a Torbal model) gathering dust for the reasons talked about above in terms of calibration. Doesn't look easy to clean. This scale is too big for routine counts, and I doubt its sensitivity can be graded to even a 1000 count when the usual count is some multiple of 30. I really think you should talk with an instrumental analysis chemist in terms of the measurement engineering problems with solid dosage form counts. You need a fairly sensitive scale to avoid miscounts of 31 and 29 when 30 is the need.

And honestly, buying this in a pharmacy (and being the buyer for medical devices at various points in my career), I don't care as much about the device features as I am about the device reliability and device support. If you don't have a local support group that can replace parts within a business day, then it's very unlikely to be adopted.
thanks for your nice suggestion.
our machine is easy to tear down, and it is easily to clean, in our standard configuration, some clean tools are included.
and we machine is module parts, and it is easy to replace that when one part is broken.
we have some distributors in some countries, which they can offer local support. and we have video to teach you how to replace that, it is not so difficult at all. if it is needed, we will send more extra parts as replacement in advance.
which country are you from ?

7 tablets ?
The Eyecon captures an image of every single count it is used for.

It is very common in the US for patients to claim that they received less than the full quantity.

It is very convenient to be able to print a photo of the actual tablets you counted to prove to the patient that they received the correct amount

Hello, are you talking about the counting numbers? it is much more than 45 pieces, depends on your pills size, the max is 9999 pieces at the same time to put on the turbtable.

@owlegrad can we keep them?

It's like having a pet Drax the destroyer for the forum

yes, we have video for that. you can tell us the size which you need to test, then we can test and take video for you.
The diameter of pills from 0.25cm to 1.8cm will be most suitable.

@ChinaCareMedical

Now i have some actual input and questions.

Have you guys tested it using actual tablets?
How many cycles can it run before requiring service?

Does it have a brushed motor?
If so, are the brushes and commutator user serviceable?

Does it have a bearing that it rotates on?
Is it a shielded or sealed bearing?

What's the material for the housing?
ABS? GF30 PA66? LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
How does it do with different pill shapes (oblong, square, etc.?)

thanks for your nice suggestion.
our machine is easy to tear down, and it is easily to clean, in our standard configuration, some clean tools are included.
and we machine is module parts, and it is easy to replace that when one part is broken.
we have some distributors in some countries, which they can offer local support. and we have video to teach you how to replace that, it is not so difficult at all. if it is needed, we will send more extra parts as replacement in advance.
which country are you from ?

US, so you would also have to have NTEP certification (which considering your quantity range is going to be very difficult for an analytic balance) in order to market here. And yeah, that's basically the point, most of the major buyers will not buy a device unless there is a good logistical supply chain for support as maintenance and sustainment are the bigger problems than initial procurement.

I love this post so much and feel like it didn't get enough attention.

Reactions: 3 users
US, so you would also have to have NTEP certification (which considering your quantity range is going to be very difficult for an analytic balance) in order to market here. And yeah, that's basically the point, most of the major buyers will not buy a device unless there is a good logistical supply chain for support as maintenance and sustainment are the bigger problems than initial procurement.
thanks for your suggestions, yes, we already had some distributors in some country.
Which country are you from ?

How does it do with different pill shapes (oblong, square, etc.?)
different shapes are ok, but it cant be over a large value.
Like the length of square, the diameter of oblong.
do you have a detail value which you are interested to used in this machine?
maybe we can test that for you in China, we can take a video for you by using the requested shapes.

@owlegrad can we keep them?

It's like having a pet Drax the destroyer for the forum

@ChinaCareMedical

Now i have some actual input and questions.

Have you guys tested it using actual tablets?
How many cycles can it run before requiring service?

Does it have a bearing that it rotates on?
Is it a shielded or sealed bearing?

What's the material for the housing?
ABS? GF30 PA66? LOL
Thanks for your questions, it is nice question.
1, ofcourse we tested it by actual tablets, all tablets in our video are the true ones.
2, How many cycles, we didnt counted, but as a common usage, five years are no problem, because some machine we produced already worked five years in our customers shop without any problem
This questions are a little difficult for me, let me ask my engineer and reply you.
Can you add my whatsapp to discuss more ?
my whatsapp is 008613926480041
Wechat is joseph20130708
skype is chinacaremed

The Eyecon captures an image of every single count it is used for.

It is very common in the US for patients to claim that they received less than the full quantity.

It is very convenient to be able to print a photo of the actual tablets you counted to prove to the patient that they received the correct amount
so cool, do you have video to show that ?

Eye con all day. You have no idea how many times a patient came in because their grand son said we shorted them and we printed out a picture and showed them proof that we gave them the right amount...

Pharmacy is the most trusted profession - and for the patients that are constantly accusing us usually we would say if you don’t trust us, then we can’t continue to do business together.. but all of those problems stopped within 30 days of using the eye con...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest complain, as with any other robotic machine, is the monthly support fee that’s “required”..

Eye con all day. You have no idea how many times a patient came in because their grand son said we shorted them and we printed out a picture and showed them proof that we gave them the right amount...

Pharmacy is the most trusted profession - and for the patients that are constantly accusing us usually we would say if you don’t trust us, then we can’t continue to do business together.. but all of those problems stopped within 30 days of using the eye con...

Yeah, I checked your video,this functions to keep record for pharmacy counter, it is very advanced way to show patient again.
But how much will it cost ?
If we can keep a video camera to keep record for each patient ?
Because of this function, the eye con will be much more than a normal pharmacy counter, I guess.

In China, each patient will check their pills before they leave pharmacy room, and there will be a instruction to remind patient how many pieces should them eat.
so if they find any mistakes for the quantity of pills, they can read instruments to know how many pieces should them eat.

do you have a detail value which you are interested to used in this machine?
maybe we can test that for you in China, we can take a video for you by using the requested shapes.

I was just curious, I don't have any particular pill in mind. Other than an ad years ago, I've never seen one of these counting machines before. I don't own a pharmacy, so I'm in no position to buy one.