How does a Canadian get a dermpath fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kid Icarus

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a pathology resident at a Canadian school. I have realized that I want to do dermpath. However, I cannot find an actual dermpath fellowship in Canada.

I know the USA has these fellowships but its very competitive. Since I'm from Canada I assume it will be even harder for me.

Are there any programs that accept Canadian pathology residents? How should I set myself up to be in good standing for a spot?
 
Several dermpath fellowships take foreign-trained pathology residents. I personally know of more than five dermpath fellows who were path-trained abroad.

You simply need to do the grunt work, read program websites, and contact each one.