Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

How does a football goal work?

Discussion in 'MCAT Study Question Q&A' started by Chrisz, 05.15.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Chrisz

Chrisz 2+ Year Member

Hi, I am not a fan of football and actually know nothing of the football game. I was doing a passage about kicking a football goal. Even though I got the questions right, I am still confused how you score and fail a football goal. I know football is very popular in the U.S, the exam maker could make some questions based on it. Can you guys help me go through the rules

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Hadi7183

Hadi7183 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Is this a joke?

4. Chrisz

Chrisz 2+ Year Member

No, it is not a joke. I was not born in the U.S. I came to the U.S. at a young age, but i never got into the football game

5. Chrisz

Chrisz 2+ Year Member

No, it is not a joke. I was not born in the U.S. I came to the U.S. at a young age, but i never got into the football game

6. Hadi7183

Hadi7183 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I see :) Then I think you shouldn't be worried about such details. I'm pretty sure that those who design the MCAT write the questions for everyone, including those who don't like/watch sports. Good luck!

7. GodComplex

GodComplex 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Agreed ^^. It is impossible to gain trivial knowledge about everything in the world, so when they give you stuff like this it is just filler/background information. But, FWIW, in American football there is a goal post that looks like a tuning fork. The kicker has to kick the football in between the goal posts in order to score.

8. Chrisz

Chrisz 2+ Year Member

Thanks. So what you mean is that as long as it is in between the vertical poles, you get a score, no matter ball flies really high and passes the height of the two vertical poles? Am I right?

9. GodComplex

GodComplex 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That is correct.

10. rolliespring

rolliespring Gin no Samurai 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I totally get you OP. The football problems always bothered me a lot when I was taking physics in high school (moved here when I was 15).

About the ads