How does Adcom view UCLA/UCB extension?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lostnconfused

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was thinking of taking a few classes from UCLA or UCB extension but I am curious to hear from someone on admissions about how they view courses taken through either extension programs. I know a respectable SMP would obviously be the best, but given how expensive they are it is simply not going to be an option for me.

I am also curious to hear from people who have taken courses through extension and applied. Did you find that enrolling in either program contributed to your success/failure as an applicant?

Thank you!