How does eLOR work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkuru

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a description of how eLOR works? Here is my understanding:
1) we fill in the name of the reference writer in the pharmcas app
2) they get an email with a link to the eLOR system?
3) they fill it out and send it out electronically

Also, how do we print out the reference letter forms if the writers prefere to mail it instead?

Finally, do people generally pick to use eLOR or the regular mailing?

Members don't see this ad.

from my experience most profs use e-LOR

And my understanding is the same as yours. Just make sure of course you tell them you're using them for a LOR before your write their name in.. but yeah you probably know that :)

PolarBear21 said:
from my experience most profs use e-LOR

And my understanding is the same as yours. Just make sure of course you tell them you're using them for a LOR before your write their name in.. but yeah you probably know that :)

thx for ur reply

Members don't see this ad :)
I added myself as a recommendor just to see what the form looked like so I could properly explain it to the people I asked to recommend me. I then deleted myself as a recommendor without submitting anything for myself, because that would be cheating! :)

twester said:
I added myself as a recommendor just to see what the form looked like so I could properly explain it to the people I asked to recommend me. I then deleted myself as a recommendor without submitting anything for myself, because that would be cheating! :)

That is SO clever! So what did the form ask for? Do you still have the email?

There's a brief questionaire asking for a rating of things like hygiene, social skills and predicted performance in a pharmacy program. Then there's a box for the letter's narrative itself. It seems very simple and self-explanatory.

No, I don't still have the email, but I remember that it included a link to the PharmCAS page. All the recommendor had to do was click on it and they were in and ready to start recommending. :)

twester said:
There's a brief questionaire asking for a rating of things like hygiene, social skills and predicted performance in a pharmacy program. Then there's a box for the letter's narrative itself. It seems very simple and self-explanatory.

No, I don't still have the email, but I remember that it included a link to the PharmCAS page. All the recommendor had to do was click on it and they were in and ready to start recommending. :)

Hygiene!!! :scared: Aww...crap, now I'll never get in...

Pharm47 said:
Hygiene!!! :scared: Aww...crap, now I'll never get in...

haha, just brush your teeth more!
You can view the recommendation form by going to your application, filling in a reference under "paper" not "elor", fill in info, press continue, and a blue arrow will pop up to show the form that you need to print out to give to your recommendor. Yes, I was very confused as well!