how does it work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnUC33

A Stinkin Conservative
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a 19L on the MCAT. I know that I need to retake it in August, but I also want to send out my application just to see if I'll get any hits. Anyways, if I pay the money to send it out now, will I have to pay to send it out again after I take the August MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

JohnUC33 said:
I just got a 19L on the MCAT. I know that I need to retake it in August, but I also want to send out my application just to see if I'll get any hits. Anyways, if I pay the money to send it out now, will I have to pay to send it out again after I take the August MCAT?

The fee you pay for AACOMAS covers the entire application cycle, so you would not have to pay any additional fees for them to update your application. Once they receive your new MCAT scores, it should update automatically.

But keep on them once you receive your new scores to make sure it gets updated, just in case.

I have a similar question, if we designate that we are taking the MCAT again in August, dont they hold our application until the scores are released? Or might they still interview and accept you with your first score, eventhough one is retaking it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Raven Feather said:
I have a similar question, if we designate that we are taking the MCAT again in August, dont they hold our application until the scores are released? Or might they still interview and accept you with your first score, eventhough one is retaking it?

Yes, someone please answer this. I am thinking that they will still send us secondaries but will hold off on sending interviews until scores come in?

Also, how will we know if the secondaries we get are just automatic - meaning that our preliminaries were not screened...

SOMEONE HELP US! :oops:

NO, if you designate your taking it again they will hold your app until they get the second score.