How does kaplan math compare to real dat?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentdavis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so when i took my kaplan final i scored a 21 on QR...i was just wondering how you all think the QR in kaplan compares to the real DAT? I've been getting between 19-21. I just don't want to get to the real test and completely freak b/c I end up getting a 16/17.

Thanks!! Good luck to everyone i love you all!

Members don't see this ad.

There isn't much/anything that can truly mimic the QR section.
I'd recommend you do as many practice problems as possible to master the 'shortcuts' and understand each question conceptually.

best advice for math and the entire dat would be to get ur hands on everything you can kaplan will teach you basics but you will need to go further with destroyer for math or science and fill in whatever else you need with your college textbooks keep doing problems and make ur notes and time urself i think that is the advice you will find most useful on this forum. best of luck

best advice for math and the entire dat would be to get ur hands on everything you can kaplan will teach you basics but you will need to go further with destroyer for math or science and fill in whatever else you need with your college textbooks keep doing problems and make ur notes and time urself i think that is the advice you will find most useful on this forum. best of luck

not trying to be rude here, but you talk about destroyer all the time. in almost all of your posts you favor destroyer so much that it now sounds to me like you're advertising. no offense.

Members don't see this ad :)
not trying to be rude here, but you talk about destroyer all the time. in almost all of your posts you favor destroyer so much that it now sounds to me like you're advertising. no offense.

the dude has been in love w/ romeo the destroyer creator... what can we do... :shrug:

personally i would actually go through you old college textbooks for precalculus trig. If you don't want to go destroyer though dat destroyer gives you a nice little intro on it its pretty basic. I should've went out and bought math destroyer, but my dat is tuesday i can't do anything about it now. My friend who took it before me was consistently getting 22-24 on his kaplan QR tests and ended up getting a 19. they asked a lot of reference based questions and some things on std deviation.

I would honestly say don't freak out and if anything make sure you have the other topics up to par so math won't ruin your aa if worse comes to worse.