how does my application look

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackets5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know its hard to judge someones application based upon just a internet post but im applying this june and wanted to see what people thought of my app so far.
age-24
GPA- ~3.3, science-~3.3
MCAT-taking in april
extra's- played 2.5 years in San diego padres minor league system directly out of high schoo (didnt go to college for 3 years after graduating) D1A college football player, Varsity track and field coach at the high school level before starting college. Little bit of volunteer work at a 9/11 counsueling center, good amount of shawdoing.

will be applying to about 20-25 schools state schools arent the easiest to get into. studying my ass off to get around 35 on MCAT think that would really help me app. any suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't be so sure about getting a 35 on the MCAT just by studying. Have you taken any practice tests yet?
Your sports background is great...makes you well-rounded and will give you some good stuff to talk about on interviews.
I think you need some more volunteer experience, preferably in a healthcare area.
How about LORs? Do you have some strong letters lined up?

Good luck!

right now, i feel like ur whole revolves around the MCAT score. it's a big question mark. but otherwise ur good to go. if u can pull a 35, more power to ya.

The 35 is not in the bank until mid-June. Unless you're getting practice scores in that range, you shouldn't really speculate much. Your GPA is pretty lackluster, and you don't seem to have any research or hands-on clinical experience. Plus, you're in Cali, which makes this all a lot tougher. I'd start packing on some EC's.