• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

docmike1983

10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I have the comlex PE in January. I am going to be a pathologist so I totally feel this exam is useless for me. Nevertheless, I am preparing thoroughly for this exam. However, despite that I still have no clue what the proper way to drape a patient is. Can somebody please share their insight. Thank You.

One more question: If I fail, can still match?

docmike1983

10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Where on the patient is the drape place when examining the chest and abdomen? And how does one auscultate heart and anterior lung sounds on a large breasted women? I am scared of doing something inappropriate during the exam. Thank You

FutureInternist

10+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2007
Where Bugs Bunny should have made a left turn
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I have the comlex PE in January. I am going to be a pathologist so I totally feel this exam is useless for me. Nevertheless, I am preparing thoroughly for this exam. However, despite that I still have no clue what the proper way to drape a patient is. Can somebody please share their insight. Thank You.

One more question: If I fail, can still match?

First off, this exam is totally useless no matter what you are going to do residency in. :)

My way of draping was to put the sheet on top of the gown level w/ the ASIS, since that's an easy landmark to find, & then pull up the gown from under the drape. This ensured that you do not accidentally sneak a peek at their undies.

About the Ads

FutureInternist

10+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2007
Where Bugs Bunny should have made a left turn
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Where on the patient is the drape place when examining the chest and abdomen? And how does one auscultate heart and anterior lung sounds on a large breasted women? I am scared of doing something inappropriate during the exam. Thank You

For chest the patient is sitting up so you can slip your hand in b/w the drape & skin to auscultate. For posterior lung fields, ASK & then untie the gown from the back. For abdomen, drape the patient, then raise the gown as mentioned in the previous post.

Can you match if you fail??

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=588314

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.