How does one pay for Ross/SGU/etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptainJack02

let's stir and shake
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey

how do folks pay for ross and other carib schools? its around 20 grand/year for tuition + living exp = ~30k/year? are these covered by private loans? you don't get govt funding, do you? my efc from fafsa is 14k, and i CANNOT pay 14 out of pocket. just researching this matter rite now.

oh, another thing, is it too late to apply for ross or sgu?

Members don't see this ad.

CaptainJack02 said:
hey

how do folks pay for ross and other carib schools? its around 20 grand/year for tuition + living exp = ~30k/year? are these covered by private loans? you don't get govt funding, do you? my efc from fafsa is 14k, and i CANNOT pay 14 out of pocket. just researching this matter rite now.

The big three (SGU, Ross and AUC) are all eligible for stafford loans, same as a school in the states. You'll max them out, and take private loans as well but it's not that bad.

You won't actually have to come up with the 14K, that just lowers the subsidized amount you can get - the balance goes unsubsidized.

OBTW, it's a LOT more than $20K per year - there are 3 semesters per year. SGU has some really short "semesters" too, in the later semesters.

CaptainJack02 said:
hey

Fighterdoc is correct--you can take out full loans for SGU (like I am), so that you really don't pay anything out of pocket except air fare. Our 3rd term was short (like 5 weeks?), as was our 5th term. If you go full loans like me, you'll end up around $160k in debt. :scared: It's a lot, but I think worth it in the end.

As far as being too late to apply, it may be too late for this August (but perhaps not). Applying for January admission is probably fine.

$160 K in debt?? So how did you pay for the rest as the projected cost of living and attending SGU was predicted to be $210K.....

Aren't a lot of US Med Schools around $160 K??? (ex.... most tuition of private med schools avg. $35K a year.... and adding up the cost of living... wouldn't it be more??

I've got a lot to learn still.... :confused: