How does one study microbio made rid simple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys just read it and hope some things stick? Cause its pretty hard to memorize a book this thick.. and microbio seems to be all memorization.. yet this book is highly recommended. Any inputs? I have 3 days to study microbio...

Members don't see this ad.

i just read it.. from start to finish. i think it took me about 4-5 days while also doing some UWorld blocks.

I would seriously recommend Lippincott's Microcards: Microbiology Flash Cards by Sanjiv. It is just hands down the most effective resource for micro.

If you don't have time to get your hands on these or w/e I would recommend that you get the basic charts of g+, g-, DNA, RNA, etc and have those down and then keep practicing them until you can work a bug back and forth in its grouping in the chart. Also read through Phostons power points after you have studied micro it brings all of the high yields together.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would seriously recommend Lippincott's Microcards: Microbiology Flash Cards by Sanjiv. It is just hands down the most effective resource for micro.

If you don't have time to get your hands on these or w/e I would recommend that you get the basic charts of g+, g-, DNA, RNA, etc and have those down and then keep practicing them until you can work a bug back and forth in its grouping in the chart. Also read through Phostons power points after you have studied micro it brings all of the high yields together.

what is phoston's ppt? - NVM i did a search

I'll consider purchasing those cards!

Last edited: