How does PTCAS look at two classes of the same type?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parkington

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a question I was hoping someone could answer for me, I Took stats my first year of college and received a B, although the class was honors introductory stats. This class will fulfill my prerec, but if I took a public health stats class (also fulfills prerec), would it count as a retake, or a different class all together?

Members don't see this ad.

So I have a question I was hoping someone could answer for me, I Took stats my first year of college and received a B, although the class was honors introductory stats. This class will fulfill my prerec, but if I took a public health stats class (also fulfills prerec), would it count as a retake, or a different class all together?

different class

PTCAS doesnt care if it is a retake of the same class or not, they take every grade you have on your transcript and put it in separately. Some schools will see that you retook a specific class and replace the grade. Others will not but you will have to check with the schools you are applying to.

If you are asking specifically about how taking another class that fulfills the same pre-req will affect your GPA, just put the stats class that you do best in as the pre-req.