How Does Retaking OAT Affect Interview Notification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optomgirl578

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm thinking about retaking the OAT, but the earliest I can do so is at the end of November. By indicating on my OptomCAS application that I plan to take it again in Nov, will that delay my application from being considered for an interview until my new scores are out? In other words, will schools set aside my application and wait until my new scores are out in Nov (actually won't be until Dec) to decide if they will grant me an interview? I'm worried because by then, it's getting a bit late in the rolling admissions process....

I was wondering if any of you have been or are in the same position, and have any answers?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

It all depends on the strength of the rest of your file and on the school. I got interviews at both PCO and ICO without any OAT scores (I take it in October).

Thanks for your response csandova! So do you know if those schools (PCO and ICO) will decide if they want to admit you, even without your OAT scores? or will they make their final decision once your scores are out? From previous threads, I read that you already had your PCO interview (congrats!), when do you have your ICO interview?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your optomCAS application? I'm most likely submitting mine today and I was just wondering the time frame that it takes to process it, and how soon did you hear from PCO and ICO?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I take my OAT October 1. When I asked the admissions counselor at PCO if they would wait for my scores to make a decision, he told me it takes them about 2-3 weeks to decide, and so it would be right around the time frame that I would be taking my OAT anyway. I have my ICO interview this Thursday, so I guess it would be a similar situation (since my OAT day is so close).

I submitted my optomcas application sometime in late July. After you submit, it takes optomcas about 4 weeks to send them to your schools (I think). Anyway, I heard back from PCO around August 16 and ICO about a week later.

hey csandova, i have a question. i just submitted my coursework sheet today and my supplemental app yesterday, when do you think they'll send me an email for an interview? how long did they take to send you an interview date after you submitted yours?

also i read in one of your posts that you have a 3.4 gpa, is that true? because my gpa is slightly higher and i want to know if there is a chance to get an interview.

Thanks for all the info :) Good luck on your ICO interview this week!

hey csandova, i have a question. i just submitted my coursework sheet today and my supplemental app yesterday, when do you think they'll send me an email for an interview? how long did they take to send you an interview date after you submitted yours?

also i read in one of your posts that you have a 3.4 gpa, is that true? because my gpa is slightly higher and i want to know if there is a chance to get an interview.

I honestly couldn't tell you, every school and every applicant is different. My GPA is around 3.4 but Im also a master's student so I have that going for me. Plus im really really well rounded.

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile