• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

How does the EM Match work?

MDtoBe777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2004
    Okay, so I have somewhat of an understanding about how the match process works. But, how do you find out which hopsitals/schools offer residency positions in emergency medicine? I'm an incoming medical student, and yes I know I shouldn't be worried so much about it right now. But, I'd just like to have a better idea of where/how many residency positions in EM are available, particularly in the state of California. Any other info about the match process would be appreciated. Thanks.

Blue Dog

Fides et ratio.
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Jan 21, 2006
    1. Attending Physician
      MDtoBe777 said:
      I'd just like to have a better idea of where/how many residency positions in EM are available, particularly in the state of California. Any other info about the match process would be appreciated.

You'll find listings of all of the accredited residency programs here.

Everything you :thumbdown:ever wanted to know about the Match is here, and details on the 2006 Match (including the total number of positions offered in various specialties) are here.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.