How Does the VA EDRP budget work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IWillSurvive

Psychologist
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a job that had EDRP written in the offer letter. I have been given the application for EDRP and am awaiting Fedloanservicing (who is taking forever) to verify my loans before I can submit my application. I have heard there is a budget deficit at our VA and in our VISN. I am wondering what this means for EDRP? Does the money for EDRP come from a different pot? Anyone aware of the types of things the VA can use EDRP funds for? And if the local VA's or national VA decides how to distribute the money?

Any info appreciated as I anxiously await to apply.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe the EDRP funds come from a different "pot" than the general facilities budget, and are earmarked specifically for that purpose. I think each VA receives some amount, possibly designated by someone, somewhere in central office. I have no clue how that money's divvied up nationally, though.

Reactions: 1 user
I took a job that had EDRP written in the offer letter. I have been given the application for EDRP and am awaiting Fedloanservicing (who is taking forever) to verify my loans before I can submit my application. I have heard there is a budget deficit at our VA and in our VISN. I am wondering what this means for EDRP? Does the money for EDRP come from a different pot? Anyone aware of the types of things the VA can use EDRP funds for? And if the local VA's or national VA decides how to distribute the money?

Any info appreciated as I anxiously await to apply.
Different pot of money; VA can use EDRP for loan repayment. I believe the national VA decides who gets the money, but the local VA can lobby heavily for whom they think should get it. Or there's a special education group that manages that.

Reactions: 1 user