How does this look...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desibhai

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied last year with a 4.0 and a 29M, I didn't finish my amcas until September so I was pretty late. I didn't get anything. I retook the MCAT, ended up with a 31R and my GPA dropped to a 3.89. I have the usual clinical/research stuff and since my last cycle I have gained more clinical experience and am working on my MBA. Any advice on what schools I should be applying to this time. I'm a CA resident. This is what I have so far. Any feedback would be great. Thanks! :)

Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Creighton
Drexel
Eastern Virginia Medical College
George Washington University
Indiana University
Jefferson
Loma Linda
Loyola (Stritch)
Medical College of Wisconsin
New York Medical College
Ohio State
Oregon Health & Sciences University
Penn State Rosalind Franklin
Rush
SLU
Temple
The Commonwealth Medical College
Tulane
Virginia Commonwealth University

IMO, 3.9/31 > 4.0/29. That being said, I like your list. At quick glance, it looks like Einstein and OSU are you're reach schools. I think overall, your list is a safe approach, and hey, that is always better than a reach-heavy list. Also, if you are interested in staying in Cali, I think you have a legit shot at Davis and Irvine.

IMO, 3.9/31 > 4.0/29. That being said, I like your list. At quick glance, it looks like Einstein and OSU are you're reach schools. I think overall, your list is a safe approach, and hey, that is always better than a reach-heavy list. Also, if you are interested in staying in Cali, I think you have a legit shot at Davis and Irvine.

Ha...I really hope so. I am applying a lot earlier than than last time so that should help a little. Do you think I should add more schools? I've been told that I should be applying to at least 25 schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha...I really hope so. I am applying a lot earlier than than last time so that should help a little. Do you think I should add more schools? I've been told that I should be applying to at least 25 schools.

If you have strong ECs, you're 3.9/31 is gold - you will certainly have multiple interviews, and will be accepted (perhaps at multiple places, wouldn't be surprised). You just need to interview well.

You have I think 22 schools on your list. I don't think you need to add. If you feel nervous, consider adding Georgetown, Michigan State (tough on OOS but still), and UIllinois. But again, I really don't think you need any more schools. I would be more or less stunned if you bomb ALL the interviews you get from your current list.

Albany Medical College
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Creighton
Drexel
Eastern Virginia Medical College
George Washington University
Indiana University
Jefferson
Loma Linda
Loyola (Stritch)
Medical College of Wisconsin
New York Medical College
Ohio State
Oregon Health & Sciences University
Penn State
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
SLU
Temple
The Commonwealth Medical College
Tulane
Virginia Commonwealth University

kk....i think ill add Georgetown, UI, USC (long shot but would love to go here):D, UCI, UCDavis.

Thanks again for your feedback.

kk....i think ill add Georgetown, UI, USC (long shot but would love to go here):D, UCI, UCDavis.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Yup, glad to help, and good luck!

i think i have that in there. But thanks anyway :)

List looks good, submit that primary soon. Current verification delay is about ~2.5 weeks (for applicants who submitted on or around June 22).