How does USMLE WORLD q bank work??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does the UWORLD q bank work?? One of my friends told me that you get a subscription to it for 3 month periods at a time...but then there is someone at my school selling it in a dvd set?

If you get the subscription is it possible to print the questions and explanations? I really perfer to be able to highlight and write little notes when I m looking at the explanations.

Members don't see this ad.

Well first of all, if you're not going to pay for the actual subscription don't pay for some random DVD set your buddy is selling at school. Aside from the fact that the questions are going to be at least around 3 years old, I hear the internet can be your friend when it comes to that kinda thing.

Having said that, paying for a UWorld subscription is worth every single penny. Their questions and explanations are great. Besides that, a lot of UWorld's value comes from getting a feel for what the test is going to be like (format and learning to pace yourself) and its tracking your progress. Neither of which you're going to get if you download it.

It's worth paying for, don't bootleg it.

Yea...is it possible to print the explanations (tutorial mode?) for the uworld questions. Like lets say I did a set of questions and I found a few of them especially good would I be able to print them, or flag them or something??

Members don't see this ad :)
Subscribe to it and pay for it, don't fall into the trap of people trying to cut corners on everything, even things that are actually worth spending money on. They update their questions consistently. Whatever your friend is "selling" on DVD is guaranteed to not be nearly as close as the experience of actually taking simulated exam conditions. Nevertheless, you cannot print out, or print screen or anything that records the questions you find on USMLEWorld. USMLEWorld will actually email you requesting information if something fishy goes on (I had a program used for white boards that consistently tried to be on the top level over the java program, to which USMLEWorld believed I was trying to initiate a screen shot program.) I believe there are a variety of subscription options. Anyhow, you can take notes and flag but thats about it. Use hand written notes if you want to access notes on questions quickly.