How Does Waitlist Work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

disney

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that for those who have multiple deposits, there will be a deadline (probably late April) to enforce them to pick a school. What if you have 1 deposit and 1 waitlist? Do you have to drop your waitlist in the same way?

I have a deposit for ASDOH and waitlist for UCSF. ASDOH starts their school very early, like mid-July, while I might receive a call from UCSF all the way to September.

I wonder when is the last day for me to keep my hope with UCSF. Anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

The deadline is only for people who have put down more than one deposit. You'll be allowed to stay on the waitlist as long as you'd like.

I'm not sure how long you should hold out. I remember reading a thread from last year where the OP finally got into his dream school (a California school), but he had already started class at BU. He ultimately wound up turning down the offer because he'd already made friends/liked BU/paid tuition and it would have been really complicated to change schools at that point. I couldn't find the thread, but it might be an interesting read for you. I'm sorry that you're in limbo and I hope that they get back to you sooner rather than later!