How does waitlisting work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheaplikeafox

waiting patiently...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently e-mailed the Houston college of pharmacy director of admissions to ask her why spots were not opening to people on the waitlist. She replied saying that she could not give out the specifics. I know that 2 spots have definitely opened up because I had either read it on this forum recently and I PMed some ppl who said they just rejected houston's offer. I don't understand why they haven't moved anyone off of the waiting list even if 2 people have just cancelled their acceptances. Does this take a long time to process? The waiting list has only moved 1 spot since someone dropped off of the waiting list. I guess I'm just getting anxious but for some reason I don't think this waiting list is even working if 2 people who have dropped yet no one has moved up.

Thanks...I'm curious to know how much info other colleges are giving out about how the waiting list works.

Members don't see this ad.

cheaplikeafox said:
I recently e-mailed the Houston college of pharmacy director of admissions to ask her why spots were not opening to people on the waitlist. She replied saying that she could not give out the specifics. I know that 2 spots have definitely opened up because I had either read it on this forum recently and I PMed some ppl who said they just rejected houston's offer. I don't understand why they haven't moved anyone off of the waiting list even if 2 people have just cancelled their acceptances. Does this take a long time to process? The waiting list has only moved 1 spot since someone dropped off of the waiting list. I guess I'm just getting anxious but for some reason I don't think this waiting list is even working if 2 people who have dropped yet no one has moved up.

Thanks...I'm curious to know how much info other colleges are giving out about how the waiting list works.

My guess:
Maybe they wait a certain time to add up the drop-outs and fill up as they are official. The official letter of drop outs may not reach them at a certain time, or they just hoard em and do it all at once every two weeks or so? It's easier to do it in bulk than one at a time. I hope your waitlist wishes come true. It's so hard to wait...it's the hardest time until you start pharm school right?

Have you heard from UT austin yet? Did they give you a number? My number is pretty pathetic.

yeah I heard from UT awhile back...I got rejected :(
for houston, I'm #7 but they said usually only 5 at most get in from the waitlist...so the odds are against me :thumbdown: how many ppl are on the UT waitlist? i was kind of surprised they didnt even consider me for that :/ have you moved up any? good luck!

UTfarmer said:
My guess:
Maybe they wait a certain time to add up the drop-outs and fill up as they are official. The official letter of drop outs may not reach them at a certain time, or they just hoard em and do it all at once every two weeks or so? It's easier to do it in bulk than one at a time. I hope your waitlist wishes come true. It's so hard to wait...it's the hardest time until you start pharm school right?

Have you heard from UT austin yet? Did they give you a number? My number is pretty pathetic.