How does your city rank?

Started by QTkitty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

QTkitty

CSU PVM class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This was sent to me by the Humane Society of the United States and I thought I'd pass it along. I've actually been involved with the humane society in my home city (San Diego) so I expected them to rank pretty high but I'm really surprised to see Los Angeles ranked so high! Where does your city rank?

http://www.humaneindex.org/
 
Ok I was born and raised in Chicago and I CANNOT believe we are #25!!! 😱 I am going to search this one out and see where we got docked points....
 
Eh... I guess I just don't really agree with all their choices of defining issues. Who has the most animal-related legislation? Since when does the *amount* of legislation actually impact the treatment of animals? Hunting is murder, fur is torture, zoos are prisons... I don't think those kinds of generalizations really help animals much in the end, and they certainly don't help the public make informed decisions. A broad survey like this is always going to be an oversimplification, of course. I guess I just don't like broad surveys. 🙄