1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

How does your city rank?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by QTkitty, Apr 29, 2007.

1. QTkitty

QTkitty CSU PVM class of 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    This was sent to me by the Humane Society of the United States and I thought I'd pass it along. I've actually been involved with the humane society in my home city (San Diego) so I expected them to rank pretty high but I'm really surprised to see Los Angeles ranked so high! Where does your city rank?

http://www.humaneindex.org/

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. zenarugger

Ok I was born and raised in Chicago and I CANNOT believe we are #25!!! :eek: I am going to search this one out and see where we got docked points....

4. kate_g

kate_g Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Eh... I guess I just don't really agree with all their choices of defining issues. Who has the most animal-related legislation? Since when does the *amount* of legislation actually impact the treatment of animals? Hunting is murder, fur is torture, zoos are prisons... I don't think those kinds of generalizations really help animals much in the end, and they certainly don't help the public make informed decisions. A broad survey like this is always going to be an oversimplification, of course. I guess I just don't like broad surveys. :rolleyes:

5. wildfocus

wildfocus DVM/PhD student
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    we're number 2! (seattle)