1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How does your city rank?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by QTkitty, Apr 29, 2007.

1. QTkitty

QTkitty CSU PVM class of 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    This was sent to me by the Humane Society of the United States and I thought I'd pass it along. I've actually been involved with the humane society in my home city (San Diego) so I expected them to rank pretty high but I'm really surprised to see Los Angeles ranked so high! Where does your city rank?

http://www.humaneindex.org/

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. zenarugger

Ok I was born and raised in Chicago and I CANNOT believe we are #25!!! :eek: I am going to search this one out and see where we got docked points....

4. kate_g

kate_g Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    Eh... I guess I just don't really agree with all their choices of defining issues. Who has the most animal-related legislation? Since when does the *amount* of legislation actually impact the treatment of animals? Hunting is murder, fur is torture, zoos are prisons... I don't think those kinds of generalizations really help animals much in the end, and they certainly don't help the public make informed decisions. A broad survey like this is always going to be an oversimplification, of course. I guess I just don't like broad surveys. :rolleyes:

5. wildfocus

wildfocus DVM/PhD student
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    we're number 2! (seattle)