How does your hospital/pharmacy handle inventory shortages/overstocks?

Started by SomeGuy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SomeGuy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you just delegate one of your techs to hit the phones? Your company, or whomever is nearby?
Do you just let the goods expire?
Send out monthly faxes of what you have a ton of, or really need?
Able to check the inventory of nearby locations directly?
System in place to automatically move excess?

I feel like I've worked in the dark-ages (see first question), so I'm wondering what's out there.

Any exotic systems, or just the old-fashioned way?
 
Last edited: