How early is early enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yorta

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have finished most parts of the application, but I didn't have time to write personal statement until 10 days ago. I don't want to rush, but I also know submitting early is crucially important. My question is, how significant is submitting on the very first day of the application opening? Will the schools wait for one or two weeks to collect the first batch and view all of them together? Or will they start viewing and sending out interviews immediately?
Say AADSAS opens on 6/1, does submitting on 6/1 bring a significant advantage over submitting on 6/20? What about 6/15, or 6/10? How much does each 5 days of delay matter?

Members don't see this ad.

Since most schools are rolling admission I'm fairly certain they go in the order applications are submitted. If your application is basically done I would push hard to submit within the first week at the latest.

Reactions: 1 user
*~*~* Official 2021-2022 School Interview Invites Tracker *~*~*

You can look at when invites were sent out last year(link above), as well as previous years to get an idea of when schools you’re applying to *might* send out invites. A few days later shouldn't make a difference, but DON’T rush it, especially because you might need those extra days to polish it and make sure everything’s how you want it. Once you start submitting it to schools, it’ll lock parts of the application and you won’t be able to change them. If your application is ready to submit to some schools, submit it to those ones individually. For me, getting 5 or so applications in before I was done with supplemental questions for other schools helped lower my stress to then complete those remaining supplemental questions with more ease. Just my 2¢.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
*~*~* Official 2021-2022 School Interview Invites Tracker *~*~*

You can look at when invites were sent out last year(link above), as well as previous years to get an idea of when schools you’re applying to *might* send out invites. A few days later shouldn't make a difference, but DON’T rush it, especially because you might need those extra days to polish it and make sure everything’s how you want it. Once you start submitting it to schools, it’ll lock parts of the application and you won’t be able to change them. If your application is ready to submit to some schools, submit it to those ones individually. For me, getting 5 or so applications in before I was done with supplemental questions for other schools helped lower my stress to then complete those remaining supplemental questions with more ease. Just my 2¢.
Thank you so much!
Why does the invite sending out date vary so much (6/17 vs 11/1)? Does it indicate anything about the quality of a school? i.e. the better the school is the quicker the positions fill up, so they start sending out invites earlier.

I have finished most parts of the application, but I didn't have time to write personal statement until 10 days ago. I don't want to rush, but I also know submitting early is crucially important. My question is, how significant is submitting on the very first day of the application opening? Will the schools wait for one or two weeks to collect the first batch and view all of them together? Or will they start viewing and sending out interviews immediately?
Say AADSAS opens on 6/1, does submitting on 6/1 bring a significant advantage over submitting on 6/20? What about 6/15, or 6/10? How much does each 5 days of delay matter?
I don’t even think apps are sent to schools until late June

Thank you so much!
Why does the invite sending out date vary so much (6/17 vs 11/1)? Does it indicate anything about the quality of a school? i.e. the better the school is the quicker the positions fill up, so they start sending out invites earlier.
I think it’s just when the schools are ready to send out invites. Every school might have a slightly different process as to how they determine all the candidates they’re interested in interviewing and when they hold interviews. But I don’t think it means any school is worse/better than any other.

How do we request that our DAT scores are released to ADEA AADSAS??