How exact should my Need Access numbers be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brickmanli

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just started to tackle the Need Access app, it's really getting on my nerves. For example, there is a question asking for the total amount of financial aid I received in college. I got a full scholarship from an alumni but the school continued to accept my PELL grants, so should I take account of everything?

There's also a question about total monthly credit card payments, how am I supposed to answer that? Average for all the years in college?

My question is, what are the consequences of mistakes made because of complicated and unclear instructions (you'll realize it once you start to fill it out)? As long as I make an estimate about expenses and old financial that is reasonable (because I don't have all the documents), I won't be audited or anything right?

What should I put for future income? Would putting zero best maximize my grants?

Just answering one of my questions would be grreatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

i have never heard of the need access app? what is it?

thanks

Try to be semi honest and for future income if you are not going to work put ZERO.

I mean, how can they really expect you to put down your exact gross income for 2002-2003. It's ridiculous.

The need access application needs some help. Just have five lines.

What did you earn?
How much did you save?
What were your expenses this year?
What will yoru expenses be next year?
How much do your parents have?

Bling bling!

WE be done!

Members don't see this ad :)
i just started need access...i think its completely ridic...i want to give up and i am only "16 %" done with the student part...my parents are never gonna have enough patience to fill this out online

any tips? how long did this take for everyone else?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by matthew0126:
•i have never heard of the need access app? what is it?

thanks•••••<a href="http://www.accessgroup.org/software/need_access/participating.HTM" target="_blank">http://www.accessgroup.org/software/need_access/participating.HTM</a>