How extensive is the chemistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Plowi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there a lot of formulas and calculations or is it mainly concept? Im studying for the January 21st PCAT atm.

Members don't see this ad.

Plowi said:
Are there a lot of formulas and calculations or is it mainly concept? Im studying for the January 21st PCAT atm.
Concepts... The calculations (such that there are) are easy. Things like conversions and molarity/molality, etc... Problems were similar to Barron's study guide. If you can do basic calculations you will be fine. Focus more on concepts.

Plowi said:

I totally agree with DHG. I spent too much time working on calculations when studying for the test. Remember you won't have a calculator when you take the actual test, so there is a limit to what they can ask you to do calculation wise. Be sure you understand concepts and be able to do organic nomenclature.

Simple calculations but do them FAST!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I appreciate it.

How are the math calculations? What is the hardest type of calculation I can expect? Would you suggest any focused area of study for the math section?

study your calculus, i was really surpised by how much calculus there was on there.