how far along future work should u include in AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

supernareg

i have another year left before i graduate... i included this upcoming summer quarter with grades of IP (In Progress) and i checked the Current / future class.

how do i let them know that i'll be taking o chem in fall? i dont know which upper division classes i'll be taking, but it'll be at least 15 units for the next 4 quarters.

should i include all 4 quarters and put the classes i think i'm going to take? what grade would that constitute? i cant put IP... can i just put "future" ??

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You would put "Current/Future" on there. Enter courses you know you'll have to take (like orgo), and then do your best to enter which courses you believe you'll take. It's a non-binding estimation.

You would put "Current/Future" on there. Enter courses you know you'll have to take (like orgo), and then do your best to enter which courses you believe you'll take. It's a non-binding estimation.

Agree with this. It's mostly so that they can make sure that you are finishing the pre-reqs before matriculation.

For classes that I wasn't sure exactly what I would take, but I knew the department (such as Psych), I would list it as "Psychology Course: Topic Unknown."

Members don't see this ad :)
Worry first about your organic and rocking the relevant section of the MCAT. Get your apps in as early as possible, fo sho, but you're not really pre-med until you've waxed your organic and the MCAT.

Definitely include all future classes. Including medical school classes. That shows them you've planned ahead.

like i cant put IP (in progress for it) so do i just leave it blank and check "current / future"?