How far are you commuting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CleverThought

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that I'm sure most of you have began thinking about housing for the fall, how far is your commute? Did you find that you had to struggle with price vs location?

As far as me, I'm still undecided. I have a place I live now and can extend the lease. It's roughly a 20-30 minute commute. I'd like to live in the same city as the dental school, but once factoring in cost and the fact that I have to find a place that will let me house my (very large) dog and my SO, it seems living in the next city over is more feasible.

Plus SO wants to buy within 6-12 months, so that's going to add another layer of complexity.

Anyways, what is your commute shaping up to look like?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm commuting from home. 10-minute drive to the train station, 20-minute ride, and about 10-minute walk.

I'll have to cross the border everyday, for what seems to be about a 20-30 minute commute (if I don't get pulled over for an inspection).

Though I luckily found a place close by, my maximum would have been 30 minutes. I commuted ~20 minutes every day to undergrad and it was no issue.