how far back can volunteering go?

Started by nornton
Tags Tags
volunteer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nornton

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently filling out the volunteering/EC part of the application and I was wondering how far I can list back volunteer events. For example, I have been involved in an organization since 2009, so would I put all of the hours since 2009?
 
I am currently filling out the volunteering/EC part of the application and I was wondering how far I can list back volunteer events. For example, I have been involved in an organization since 2009, so would I put all of the hours since 2009?

Only the hours accumulated since college, even if you were involved in it before college.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Only the hours accumulated since college, even if you were involved in it before college.

Why would they discriminate on that? Someone can be doing lots of volunteer work in their 20s before they even get to begin college.
 
If you started college a few years after HS, then I would include what you did during that time. The only stuff you should not include is what you did in high school.
 
That's just how it is
No offense meant, but is there a written guideline/policy stating this? It's hard enough getting solid information about dental schools. The abundance of speculation makes it even harder.
 
No offense meant, but is there a written guideline/policy stating this? It's hard enough getting solid information about dental schools. The abundance of speculation makes it even harder.
I checked the instructions and it said to only include stuff from college