how far would you study pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dchyno

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if you were studying to be a pharmacist with limited funds, and you had to choose either:

1. Masters Now, Ph. D Later

or

2. Ph. D Now

which would you choose?

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need any funds to get a PhD in the sciences. But a masters you typically pay for yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a PhD with student loans if you have to. You can pay back the money later on when you have a stable job. Just make sure this is what you want to do with your life before you commit to it.

often times master's degrees in the sciences pay for themselves. I'm in a master's program right now that not only pays for my tuition, but pays me to not work anywhere else. It's like a really crappily paying full time-plus job that sucks all of the life out of you, and leaves you an empty shell of a human with nothing to show for your efforts but a piece of paper that says that you're as knowledgable as a BS with two years work experience. but yeah....

Do they even have MS and PhD degrees in pharmacy?

often times master's degrees in the sciences pay for themselves. I'm in a master's program right now that not only pays for my tuition, but pays me to not work anywhere else. It's like a really crappily paying full time-plus job that sucks all of the life out of you, and leaves you an empty shell of a human with nothing to show for your efforts but a piece of paper that says that you're as knowledgable as a BS with two years work experience. but yeah....

Do they even have MS and PhD degrees in pharmacy?

They do have MS and PhD in Pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, medicinal Chemistry..... Those are also part of pharmacy

how about pharmD period haha

Yeah, there's no "pharmacist" without PharmD. The BS was phased out several years ago and there's no PhD in pharmacy - look to pure aka "basic" science for that.