How full is NOVA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physicslover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen many people posting here about NOVA , just wondering. I still haven't gotten an interview, dunno if I will. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

just called them today actually.. they said that they have many files under review still...the person i spoke to didnt know the exact number but said that if theyre still calling people for interviews than theyre not full yet :)... i havent heard back from them either...

yes, I am still waiting to hear from them as well, glad to know they're still reviewing files

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck guys!! : ) I heard sometimes they don't get full until maybe even May or June at Nova... So keep hope!!

thanks for the info guys
yea i called fran to ask her about the status of my app and she didnt say much specifically about my app. just that they were still interviewing in April. Is April the last month they interview?

At my interview last Thursday, they said there was still room. I nailed the interview, but still got rejected. :confused: Well, that is one extra seat for the rest of you. Good luck.

Good luck guys!! : ) I heard sometimes they don't get full until maybe even May or June at Nova... So keep hope!!

At my interview last Thursday, they said there was still room. I nailed the interview, but still got rejected. :confused: Well, that is one extra seat for the rest of you. Good luck.

O..I'm sorry to hear that..do you ask them why you were rejected?

Unless you're wrong in your perception of your performance in the interview, that's absurd. They must, before calling on you to schedule an interview, have had all the information about you they needed to feel you deserve a seat (did they not?) — unless, then, you fared badly in the face-to-face segment, it would be ridiculous for them to deny you admission (i.e., to not even place you on the wait-list).

O..I'm sorry to hear that..do you ask them why you were rejected?
I e-mailed Fran, so hopefully I'll hear back soon. I should probably call...

Unless you're wrong in your perception of your performance in the interview, that's absurd. They must, before calling on you to schedule an interview, have had all the information about you they needed to feel you deserve a seat (did they not?) — unless, then, you fared badly in the face-to-face segment, it would be ridiculous for them to deny you admission (i.e., to not even place you on the wait-list).
My thoughts exactly. I can only guess that I'm wrong in my perception (or in their perception) of the interview. But I'm not sure what else they wanted outside of straightforward answers, plenty of eye contact, genuine honesty, and plenty of laughs. Oh well, we'll wait and see what they say...

I just wanted to give any of you who have not yet interviewed yet a heads up...

Make SURE you either make your facebook account private completely; or you deactivate it during the days leading up to and after your interview!!

You can bet that they check that stuff-and if there is anything that you don't want them to see... status, pics, organizations, etc etc... you better DEF make sure you have done so...

I know this bc the days leading up to my interview at NOVA I had put up a status update concerning the Health Care Bill and my dislike for Obamacare and him as a president (nothing vulgar, just an opinion ofcourse). The very day of my interview, the first thing the guy says to me is something about-how they do their homework on us, and that they know more than we can even imagine. I thought it was kind of a joke until the first question he asked me-in a rather interrogating fashion- was "so if someone came into your practice, and couldn't afford health insurance-yet had a very disabling condition-would you just turn them away or treat them"...

Moral of the story - I didn't get into NOVA within a week, but got into UAB and SCO like days after my interviews! By then I had deactivated my account. So guys just watch what you say on all of these public sites bc extrememly liberal or conservative for that matter, interviewers could make or break you!

Good luck to you all! : )

Make SURE you either make your facebook account private completely; or you deactivate it during the days leading up to and after your interview!!

You can bet that they check that stuff-and if there is anything that you don't want them to see... status, pics, organizations, etc etc... you better DEF make sure you have done so...

I know this bc the days leading up to my interview at NOVA I had put up a status update concerning the Health Care Bill and my dislike for Obamacare and him as a president (nothing vulgar, just an opinion ofcourse). The very day of my interview, the first thing the guy says to me is something about-how they do their homework on us, and that they know more than we can even imagine. I thought it was kind of a joke until the first question he asked me-in a rather interrogating fashion- was "so if someone came into your practice, and couldn't afford health insurance-yet had a very disabling condition-would you just turn them away or treat them"...

Moral of the story - I didn't get into NOVA within a week, but got into UAB and SCO like days after my interviews! By then I had deactivated my account. So guys just watch what you say on all of these public sites bc extrememly liberal or conservative for that matter, interviewers could make or break you!

wow..that is intense.. didn't realize the interview was like that.. is it open file or closed file?

It's open file at Nova. I'm not saying it's that intense for everyone-just that they can make it that way if they were to see something that they didn't like about you before you entered the room. Mine suuucked lol- But the others they interviewed that day found it extremely pleasant... so just don't give them a "reason" not to like you, and pass judgement on you, before they've even met you...

Dr. Patrick is who did my interview- and he said word for word before the thing even started, "We do our homework on you, we probably know things you did when you were in elementary school" ... like i said- I took it as a joke kind of- except he didn't laugh lol : P

While I don't know it's unconscionable for an admissions committee to review a candidate's Facebook page (honestly, how many people make their walls, info., etc. available to "everyone," anyway? Most limit everything in their profiles to their "friends" or to "friends of friends"), I do think doing so with the intention to raise such points in the interview is a cheap tactic by which to surprise an applicant. Besides, none of us is, in life, just what he or she confesses to being, in the on-line world.

Members don't see this ad :)
UAB:

They will have their ways to look at all your infos because you agree to a background check when you signed the application.

However, the interview question that they asked you is not because of your facebook status. I got the same exact question from last year interview. At NOVA, they use those kinds of question to assess your ethical point of view. Some people got questions like: IF you caught your classmate cheating in class, what would you do? or If your uninsured patient cannot afford the medication you prescribe, what would you do?

Be sure to act and dress appropriate, give good impression to Dr. Bacigalupi when you guys have the group talk because I think it counts. I thought NOVA interview was pretty laid back compare to some others.

anyone heard anything yet about NOVA in terms of how many seats left? or when they will notify applicants? I still have not heard anything from them at all, they are still reviewing my file :(

I am a current student at NOVA (2nd year), and I can tell you that we are still interviewing....we have one student coming in this week (the 3rd), and a larger group on the 8th I believe (I may be giving the tour)....as for late acceptances, I know personally of two people that were called about 2 weeks before school started (one was in another country!).

As for the comment about finding out a ton about you, I know that is true, but not to the degree of searching facebook for you I doubt. (Also, the guy who said it, Dr Patrick, is a prof that is known for his sense of humor, as well as being an encyclopedia of knowledge...he gets explaining, pack a lunch!) We have people that you wouldnt expect would beat out a lot of others, but they surprise you. (Example, the #1 in our class had a 2.9 GPA coming in, and the #3 FAILED organic chem)

My point is that you never know about people, and not to get discouraged if it takes awhile or you reapply....I enjoy it here overall, so it is worth it!

I am a current student at NOVA (2nd year), and I can tell you that we are still interviewing....we have one student coming in this week (the 3rd), and a larger group on the 8th I believe (I may be giving the tour).......I enjoy it here overall, so it is worth it!

So no word on how many seats are left...if you don't know thats cool, ignorance is bliss...in a way, but i am pulling my hair out lol

If it helps you guys any on knowing where NOVA is, I just got an interview invite from them today, so I guess they're still interviewing. Good luck!

Wow really? That's cool. Did they say whether you were interviewing for a seat or for a waitlist position?

If it helps you guys any on knowing where NOVA is, I just got an interview invite from them today, so I guess they're still interviewing. Good luck!

How did they inform you about it?email?

Hey, good luck to those still going for interviews at NOVA. I am in the entering class and I hope to meet you guys soon :)

They said "to interview as a candidate at NSUCO in Fort Lauderdale , Florida" and it was through email. I'm not accepting the interview so I hope it helps one of you!

lol..i still haven't been informed and its may 31st. Are they still interviewing or what????

i got interviewed 2 weeks ago and was told that there are a few seats left. good luck!

my sister decided to apply last week to start in 2010 instead of 2011. She came to my graduation last month and got motivated I guess. I will be starting my residency in 3 weeks.

Does anyone know which schools are still taking applications? I know NOVA is still accepting, not sure about Midwestern, UIWSO have their own application on their website for next fall. I think they all have a few seats left. Any other schools still taking apps?

Thanks

Please send me a pm if you can help

still havent herd back. shuold i be sendign them an updated transcript since now optomcas is closed?

I was told that NOVA has their entering class set and they are just waiting on final deposits to come through.

oo..its strange that they haven't rejected me yet.. or really even contacted me about anything after i submitted my app.