how good is the kaplan classes for pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wolverex84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, i took the pcat and didnt do so well:mad:, i had less than a month to prepare for the exam ( january 2008 ) because i just finished my finals in school, i am so confused and exhausted, i dont want to do this like 4 or 5 times and not get a good score, i read but it was not enough, what can i do?, how did you guys do it?, its like its impossible for me, i hear alot of people getting 70 and above and they still complaining!!!!, i wish i was on that list, i have a 3.5 gpa overall, i plan on taking the kaplan classes, does it really help?, they guranteed that i will get better scores, how true is that?, anyway i would really appreciate it if any kind person out there can give me advice on this pcat.. its killing me, really killing me i am getting scared of this..lol. help me please.
for october 2008

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't do too well either so I am taking the class, however, I will say if you study you'll do well because during the january one the only section I studied was biology and that was the highest score I got on the whole test, a 70. Sure its not very high but I think if you study you'll do well as just my example showed. I'm sure the class will help a lot, I'm beginning to study next week. Right now just giving myself a week of relax time since I just got done with finals a week ago. i'm also taking the pcat at aug and october

yeah thanks alot for the advice, good luck on your studies, 70 to me is okay, i have heared some people got in with lower than 50 percent on the pcat. the hardest part to me on the pcat was the verbal and reading section.

Hey, my highest sub score was a 71 in the Bio section and that was my highest score:(! I did not do too well on the PCAT either due to not having enough time to study for it, so I decided to enroll in a Kaplan course which starts in July. It works out for me because it end two days before the August PCAT, which I plan on taking and everything will be fresh in my mind.

I started studying on my own a bit but then I had too much tests to study for so I stopped. The semester finishes next week for me, so I will be studying on my own until my Kaplan course begins then study even harder when I start the actual course. When are you going to start your Kaplan course, maybe you should start studying on your own now by reading over material you might have forgotten and doing a lot of problems similar to what will be on the PCAT. I don't know if this might help, but my best friend took the Kaplan prep course for her MCATs and she said it really helped her. Her advice was to do all the homework problems and quizzes and take the class very seriously; if you do, you should do well on the test. I will let you know if I found it beneficial, hopefully it will be. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, i took the kaplan course and i have to tell you, it's only as good as you're willing to make it! if you have great study skills, i suggest you buy the book and save yourself the thousand+ dollars. however, if your study skills aren't great then Kaplan is the way to go, it's very structured and well organized and the materials are excellent!

i got a 99 percentile with a 99 in every subject except for verbal.

i want to thank you all for responding to this topic, .. for me, i plan on taking it regardless, its like no matter how much i study, especially the verbal, chemisty and math section, i am still not sure i know what i am doing, so i want to be able to go to the test and know that at least have a clear mind that i did okay on the exam.. as for you that got a 99... i must say respect to you, that would be a dream come true if i could can near that score..lol...how did u do it, to me i think some people are just good test takers..lol

hey guys, i took the kaplan course and i have to tell you, it's only as good as you're willing to make it! if you have great study skills, i suggest you buy the book and save yourself the thousand+ dollars. however, if your study skills aren't great then Kaplan is the way to go, it's very structured and well organized and the materials are excellent!

Good job man damn can you tell me you got a 99 with the course or no?

yeh I suggest people to study some on the sides, like my class ended but I am going over bio 1 stuff since I just took bio 2 and everything is fresh. I'm looking over cellular respir, photosynth, membranes and such all in bio 1. I think my hardest will be Gen Chem and probably what I'll concentrate the most along with math part. I hated Gen Chem but I love Ochem, no problem on ochem stuff.

My friend took it and from what I see its just babysitting.

I improved my score form a 78->90 just by studying with my friend who had the material from the course. In my opinion the only thing you get from the course is the material, so if you can get it some other way I would recommend doing that.

alot of the other prep books are no good. Just study for the pcat like you were studying for the mcat and you'll do fine.

Does the Kaplan course go over tricks on how to answer questions faster? Does it cover more Information then there is in the Kaplan Book alone?
Once the course is over do they have material/exams that you can practice with?
How many exams did you get to take? How were you able to get over the time limit challenge? Do they prepare you for that?

I have the whole summer to study because I will be taking the PCAT in October but I have difficulty with the timiing and I wanted to know if they give you tricks to improve timing. Also what type of material do they give you?

the course is just babysitting! haha! very expensive babysitting!... if you want to do well you have to study hard and you have to study the right stuff. the kaplan materials are valuable for that but the instructors don't add much value. if you want the kaplan materials i'm selling them. pm me if interested. thanks!

super women
I am very intersted in buying the pcat material from whom so ever itis who is trying to sell their materials plesePM ME